I booked this room through hotwire because we were traveling on a family vacation and this had some great ammenaties like indoor/outdoor pool, volleyball, softball & mini golf right there! I got there and checked in. The lobby was nice and looks like you found a gem, but then you get to the stairs (no elevators - in case you're traveling with handicapped or disabled not a place to go!) and the room! I imformed the person during check in that we were only staying 6 nights not the 7 that was originally booked. She snapped at me that I have to take that up with Hotwire. I never even asked for a refund of the money as I knew that conditions when I booked with them. I was just informing them so they knew that they'd have that room for the following Saturday. I worked hotels and I know how it is, so I figured I'd give them advance notice. Didn't expect to get an attitude for that!
The stairs looks like they are about to rust off the buildings! The rooms appeared clean, but upon closer inspection in the bathroom I found some sort of worm bug curled up dead on the floor. The second day we came back to the room and I pulled down the sheets to put my little one to bed and there was a HUGE stain on the sheet like someone had peed the bed (that wasn't there when I left that morning) and the other bed was missing one of the sheets from under the blanket. I called and asked for new sheets and someone did come and changed the sheets for me. She was very nice (wish I could remember her name, but it escapes me). She seemed very disgusted with the housekeeping herself and apologized for the inconvenience. The following day the sheet on the second bed was still missing a sheet as it did until the last day of our stay. Even if the sheets were dirty as my son and his friend spilled something one night, those sheets stayed on the bed for 3 days! It was obvious that there was something there, but gross!!!
I found another bug in the bathroom and hair behind the door that didn't match anyone in my family. There was also room service dishes left on the walkways to the rooms for days. It was disgusting!
I was very, very disappointed! The only good that I can think of were two employee of housekeeping (the girl who changed my sheets and the daytime head housekeeper (?) Mike, I think is name was. He was very friendly and personable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Smoke Free Hotel sits on 22 acres of land and has shopping, theaters, restaurants and other activities within a 1 mile radius. Offers Indoor and outdoor pool, 24 Hour on-site fitness center, 24-hour business center and on-site laundry facilities. There is over 16,000 square feet of meeting space, Picnic Groves, Outdoor Courtyard, Mini-golf course, sand volleyball courts, Softball field. - Home to 3 different places for food, drink and entertainment. Blarney's Irish Pub is a great place for dinner and a pint, Whiskey Ridge Saloon host the best country bands plus you can ride the mechanical bull, and Legend's Grille, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Choose one or visit all three. The hotel is right across the street from the Mechanicsburg Navy Depot and a short distance to the Farm Show Complex, Ski Roundtop, Carlisle Fairgrounds, Downtown Harrisburg, and Hershey Park. We can accommodate picnics up to 1500 people and have outdoor facilities for wedding ceremonies and receptions. We have 12 meeting rooms that can accommodate from 10 - 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Carlson, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Holiday Inn Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Holiday Inn