When I booked via Hotwire I checked on the reviews for this property. I noticed several negative comments. Several noted this is not a 3 star property. I would agree with that. This is an old motel (door to outside - park by the room). The place is HUGE. I would not even be able to guess how many rooms this property has. The check in area is beautiful, but the room was not. The musty smell entering the room was the first sign. As a rule when we get to a hotel room we clean with antibacterial wipes. Some of the surfaces we cleaned had not been touched in quite a while. There were spider webs in the corners, no shower liner, just the curtain, so water could spray out while the shower was used. The room was dusty/dirty in general. We got a special sheet thanking for booking with Hotwire, offering a free bottle of water, free local calls, and 25% off at the restaurant. Based on our experience in the room, the restaurant would be the last place we would visit. People coming in at 2am did not help, the walls are very thin. On the plus side, the pool (indoor and outdoor) were nice areas, but the general condition of the property is lacking. I really think this property is trying, but there room for improvement. When I book a 3 star property, we have basic expectations that were not met here. When you use Hotwire, you are flying somewhat blind. I rely on the star system to know what I am purchasing, since you don't see the property name until the purchase is complete. We have not had issues before, but this experience will make us much more hesitant to book with Hotwire going forward. This is a 2 - 2.5 star property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Smoke Free Hotel sits on 22 acres of land and has shopping, theaters, restaurants and other activities within a 1 mile radius. Offers Indoor and outdoor pool, 24 Hour on-site fitness center, 24-hour business center and on-site laundry facilities. There is over 16,000 square feet of meeting space, Picnic Groves, Outdoor Courtyard, Mini-golf course, sand volleyball courts, Softball field. - Home to 3 different places for food, drink and entertainment. Blarney's Irish Pub is a great place for dinner and a pint, Whiskey Ridge Saloon host the best country bands plus you can ride the mechanical bull, and Legend's Grille, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Choose one or visit all three. The hotel is right across the street from the Mechanicsburg Navy Depot and a short distance to the Farm Show Complex, Ski Roundtop, Carlisle Fairgrounds, Downtown Harrisburg, and Hershey Park. We can accommodate picnics up to 1500 people and have outdoor facilities for wedding ceremonies and receptions. We have 12 meeting rooms that can accommodate from 10 - 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Holiday Inn Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Holiday Inn