“Another Great Visit in PA!”

Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Clarksville, Indiana, United States
“Another Great Visit in PA!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have been visiting the area for the past several years and spend 1 or 2 weeks a year at this hotel. My husband goes for work and the kids and I go for fun!. The rooms are always clean and well taken care of. The staff is nice and it is a friendly hotel. The only complaint I have ever had would be the indoor pool area. Last year when we were there it was in need of some repairs. As the kids LOVE the pool I was dreading sitting in the pool area. Oh MY how I was pleasantly surprised to find they have totally redone the pool area! It is beautiful!! We used the pool more than usual mainly because it was so pleasant. Wonderful Upgrade Park Inn!!!

Now for the BEST part of our trip. The entire family looks forward to our breakfast trips. As soon as we know we are going the questions begin.. Will Sandy be there?!?!? Sandy Leggore has become second family to us when we visit PA. She is so great that she remembers what food and drink we want before we order (even though she only sees us a week or two a year) and offers ideas for fun things to do during the week and lets us know if there is something special going on in the area.

I highly recommend staying in this hotel when on your trip to the Mechanicsburg, PA area. Rooms are great, Pool is perfect and above all you MUST have breakfast with Sandy! Tell her Rachel sent you!

Room Tip: If the weather is cool ask for a room closer to the pool since it is an outdoor hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Northern Cambria PA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Clean rooms and bed was comfortable. Stayed there on work and breakfast was provided & it was great. Lots of nearby dining options and shopping too. Nice helpful staff. It is a older style motel, outside doors on the rooms & getting to the meeting room off the lobby was a bit uncomfortable on the cold mornings. We have used this same location before but it was years ago. Would stay again, just hope its a warmer time of the year!

Room Tip: There are a few rooms right off the lobby, 2nd story if you don't want an outside entrance.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Cleans rooms Lounge and Rest news papers every morning good staff near by Malls and shopping places.. Free ride to the airport. coffee in room The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to any one if you can get it at a discounted price..both indoor and outdoor pools work out room

Room Tip: Priceline had the best price !!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at Park Inn as well as at least 15 family members after my wedding and reception. Our rooms were clean, wonderful bed and clean bathroom. The kids loved the indoor pool and the restaurant that is onsite. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend them!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I live up the street from the Park Inn. This facility has changed management a few times over the years. First.. "the bad" You should be aware this is an older property. The layout of the hotel is really just funky, and most rooms are more part of a motel setup. You can park your car outside your hotel room. If you have a room on the 2nd floor, you may have outside access, or if you use the elevator a bit of a hike to get down to your room. The rooms themselves are fine - clean, neat. Its not a 5 star hotel, so you shouldn't expect some fancy room set up. If you have an issue with your room, simply call the front desk - the staff will go out of their way to make things right and switch you to a different room.

You should also be aware that this hotel is attached to Buck Wilds Rode House, a local hot spot on weekends, particularly in the summer. They pull in good bands on Friday and Saturday night and have an outdoor deck as well. Security is excellent however and there are not "drunks" or wild 20 somethings outside of the bar facility itself. So, if you are traveling with family/small kids you shouldn't see any "drinking activity", I would simply inform the hotel when you check in that you are traveling with children and have them place you in an area of the hotel away from the hustle and bustle.

If you want to partake in the bar activities, bring your wallet and ID. They ID everyone - even if you are 50 with a bald head and grey beard. There is usually cover charge after 9, and drinks aren't cheap. Beer is the most economical beverage of choice. If you get mixed drinks, request little ice and tip your servers well. I read a review regarding being charged for bottled water at the bar. When we have been there, our group designated drivers always received their water/soda for free, so not sure what happened to that customer. In fact, I usually get free water, WITH a lemon, and a smile from the server. Of course, we do end up ordering a lot of drinks with that water, so go figure.

I've contracted with this hotel for various conferences/events over the years. The food is always very good. Staff is always very good. If for some reason you get a grumpy worker, I would simply ask to speak to someone else, or the hotel manager. They will go out of their way to make things right.

So, I would rate the staff a 5. The food a 4. The rooms a 3. (they are a basic motel kind of hotel room, clean, but on the older side)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank E P
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have never stayed at the Motel part, but I do not like the bar area, their is always an expensive cover charge, the shot glasses are tiny, the drinks are all over 5 dollars, and when I went to get a glass of ice water after a beer, I was denied it and said i had to pay 2 dollars for a bottle of water. I did it, but I wasnt happy. What if I wouldnt of had 2 extra dollars?? It should be illegal to deny free water at a bar. My boyfriend and I are not cheap, we always tip well, but we were angry about this, and we wont bring our business to this tourist trap again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sally R, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for response on Tripadvisor. I was sorry to hear that you were charged for bottled water in the bar, we do offer complimentary water at our front desk of the hotel. Please feel free to stop by and get a few free bottles on me.

David McCord
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Perhaps it was because my girlfriend and I are 22 that we were treated with dishonesty and some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my numerous trips to hotels around the Hershey area. Having arrived Friday evening I had said we would probably stay another night and had room saver coupons for both. We spent $35 for breakfast in their bar restaurant told the staff we would be staying another night and id pay for it all by cash and then went to our state finals football game. After coming back that night at 9 pm expecting to go to sleep for our 5 hr drive back home in the morning, it was a rude awakening to have a party of 12 belligerent college students in the room next to us and a nightclub directly below our room with vibrations that practically rivaled an earthquake below our feet. When i downstairs to talk to the "night audit" he asked if we had signed the mandatory waiver for the room we were given that said "we should expect excessive noise and vibrations until 2:15 AM for Friday and Saturday nights." We hadn't received this notice the prior (Friday) night when we arrived or all day Saturday and then were told by both the night audit and subsequent "night security" (no management on the premise) that our time and money (spent there and in surrounding west harrisburg) shouldn't be compensated for and no other room was provided for the evening. Essentially it was take the noise or leave it at 10PM with us dog tired. The night auditor said we were compensated by the low rate, of the coupon i Provided by having the wherewithal to stop and grab a room saver coupon. "The room should be $110 but your only paying $55 because of your coupon" in his words. No compensation provided, no remorse or apology given for their negligence and error in not providing us with the "mandatory waiver." I would have preferred to write a positive review but the fact they errored and didnt own up to their mistake presumably because my girlfriend and I aren't the stereotypical 22 year olds who stay up until 215 AM getting plastered was entirely disrespectful and not what customer services methodology preaches. Hard earned money wasted.

Room Tip: Rooms not above the high energy nightclub are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rah7233
Sally R, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your tripadvisor response, customer feedback is very important to us. I am sorry you left our hotel feeling this way, and I would like to discuss the issue further. Please contact me directly at the hotel 717697 0321

David McCord, AGM