“Where in the world are your forced to pay for a glass of ice water? esp. a bar!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West

Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have never stayed at the Motel part, but I do not like the bar area, their is always an expensive cover charge, the shot glasses are tiny, the drinks are all over 5 dollars, and when I went to get a glass of ice water after a beer, I was denied it and said i had to pay 2 dollars for a bottle of water. I did it, but I wasnt happy. What if I wouldnt of had 2 extra dollars?? It should be illegal to deny free water at a bar. My boyfriend and I are not cheap, we always tip well, but we were angry about this, and we wont bring our business to this tourist trap again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sally R, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for response on Tripadvisor. I was sorry to hear that you were charged for bottled water in the bar, we do offer complimentary water at our front desk of the hotel. Please feel free to stop by and get a few free bottles on me.

David McCord

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Perhaps it was because my girlfriend and I are 22 that we were treated with dishonesty and some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my numerous trips to hotels around the Hershey area. Having arrived Friday evening I had said we would probably stay another night and had room saver coupons for both. We spent $35 for breakfast in their bar restaurant told the staff we would be staying another night and id pay for it all by cash and then went to our state finals football game. After coming back that night at 9 pm expecting to go to sleep for our 5 hr drive back home in the morning, it was a rude awakening to have a party of 12 belligerent college students in the room next to us and a nightclub directly below our room with vibrations that practically rivaled an earthquake below our feet. When i downstairs to talk to the "night audit" he asked if we had signed the mandatory waiver for the room we were given that said "we should expect excessive noise and vibrations until 2:15 AM for Friday and Saturday nights." We hadn't received this notice the prior (Friday) night when we arrived or all day Saturday and then were told by both the night audit and subsequent "night security" (no management on the premise) that our time and money (spent there and in surrounding west harrisburg) shouldn't be compensated for and no other room was provided for the evening. Essentially it was take the noise or leave it at 10PM with us dog tired. The night auditor said we were compensated by the low rate, of the coupon i Provided by having the wherewithal to stop and grab a room saver coupon. "The room should be $110 but your only paying $55 because of your coupon" in his words. No compensation provided, no remorse or apology given for their negligence and error in not providing us with the "mandatory waiver." I would have preferred to write a positive review but the fact they errored and didnt own up to their mistake presumably because my girlfriend and I aren't the stereotypical 22 year olds who stay up until 215 AM getting plastered was entirely disrespectful and not what customer services methodology preaches. Hard earned money wasted.

Room Tip: Rooms not above the high energy nightclub are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rah7233
Sally R, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your tripadvisor response, customer feedback is very important to us. I am sorry you left our hotel feeling this way, and I would like to discuss the issue further. Please contact me directly at the hotel 717697 0321

David McCord, AGM
Pinehurst,NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place is a gem and the service is top notch! The location and the amenities are the best in the area. At the front desk, Tony was quick to help with every request and Melyssa is super friendly. David was helpful and even offered a beverage during our wait. The room was clean and fresh. I have allergies and I must say I slept remarkably well here. Others in my group said the same. I'd highly recommend a visit here!

Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at the Park Inn Harrisburg for 3 days attending a conference. Staff are wonderful and very pleasant. They welcome you as soon as you approach the entrance. They were very responsive to my needs everytime I need something. The food was great and the staff are wonderful. I really reccommend this hotel to everybody. Keep up the great job Park Inn..........

Sincerley,

Diab Bannout

Room Tip: Very clean, great food and staff are wonderful
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

In town for our annual conference and as always I called early to make my reservations. I requested a smoking room, but didn't realize they've shifted to almost a 100% smoke-free building. I actually prefer this as the rooms are much fresher than last year and it's so simple to just step outside when you need a puff. Got to meet some of the other guests while I was outside too.

While a lot of my colleagues prefered to stay downtown, I always try to stay here. Close enough for a no-rush drive to town, but the 5 minute drive back in the evening is a perfect opportunity to cool down from the conference. Plus my friends room at the downtown hotel was half as large at twice the price!

Check in was a breeze and manager David even recognized me from last year! I believe the housekeeper for my room was Laura and she did an excellent job even though I was in her way most of the time. But she was always friendly and helpful. The houskeepers I meet at other hotels would rather not even make eye contact. Towards the end of my stay, a smoking room came available and Rose at the front desk was very quick to make sure the new room was inspected and ready and this was hours before their usual check-in time.

Needless to say, a hotel is a hotel is a hotel. I can get a room anywhere, but I have a very hard time finding this kind of service and actual caring where ever I go.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Felt like I was at two different places. Had my step-daughter's wedding there over the weekend and everything and everybody involved with that was great, from the rehearsal to the tear down everything was A-One. I don't remember names but Dani sticks out and the bartender we had was great. Food was great, setting for the wedding was great, service at the reception was great.Was allowed to check in early to get ready and have not a single complaint about anyone working the front desk, every aspect of customer service was above board.
Now onto the rooms, the toilet ran on, the tub backed up, the A/c wasn't the greatest and you could hear the next door neighbors one working, and it smelled of cigarettes. And now for the best part!; The Drunks, we went back to our room after the ceremony and the room next to us had a picnic table in front of it literally covered in beer bottles and ten or so drunken idiots standing around it screaming and cursing so of course about twenty minutes later more drunks came walking by and both parties started mouthing off to each and a fight broke out. Called the front desk and security came right away (another Kudos for front desk and customer service) and than they where out there first thing in morning. All in all I had a good time but the drunks just put a sour note on it

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The rooms were a bargain and clean, the hotel workers went above and beyond! Anything we needed,is how they made our group feel! The club that's connected to the hotel was what put this hotel in the "I can't wait to go back" category! Awesome time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends