“No frills but practical for road trip stop over!”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Hotel is average very dated room decor. They should really put some attention to this aspect. But it was clean and it served our purpose just fine! front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Location near restaraunts .convenient

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently stayed here on a road trip north on I-81. It was one of the few hotels with space available for under $100. The location is great. There are ample restaurants nearby, and easy access to the interstates. Breakfast is decent, and includes belgian waffle makers, cereal, and some other bakery items. There were also a couple of hot food items (eggs and sausage).

My kids and I are picky about breakfast food, so we opted to get toast with peanut butter and go to Dunkin Donuts.

The staff was very friendly from check-in to the cleaning crew at breakfast.

The rooms were just average. Old tube-style TVs with limited satellite service. The beds were not very comfortable, but they weren't the worst I have ever slept on. The room was clean as was the bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

After a long wet drive from The Philly airport I arrived at midnight. I felt safe in the parking lot and at the hotel. The staff was nice and was not sleeping on the job as some night front desk people do.

My room was on the 2nd floor. As soon as I went up the stairs to the 2nd floor I was blasted with a wave of cigarette smoke. This worried me because my room was non smoking. I was very happy that the smoke smell was not in my room.

The room was clean. The shower had good water pressure and the bed was cozy. Breakfast offered more than most hotels in ths price range and below. Overall I was happy to stay here for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 24, 2012

As the title suggests, one of the first and nicest little things they did soon after my wife and I arrived was to call us up on the hotel phone and ask us if everything was all right. It was and despite what others may have written, the coffee was somewhat better than colored water....somewhat! But the rest of the breakfast was quite good, featuring individually packaged peach yogurts, waffles, potatoes, pastries, juice, etc. Not bad for $80. And the room WAS clean and comfortable for the one night we stayed while visiting family. Didn't use the exercse room. Staff helpful answering questions we had about where we wanted to go. Overall, this was a quite satisfactory experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Nice stay, staff is efficient but not overtly friendly. Rooms are "clean" as long as you don't check the edges of the floor and walls. Older motel but seems maintained decently. Good place for an overnight. 7 miles from Turnpike but in a busy shopping area - lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Hotel located in a great location; within walking distance from some eaterys and a convience store. Check-in/Check-out was quick and easy. The staff very friendly, room was clean, and the environment inside and outside the hotel very quiet and peaceful; family friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My boyfriend and I had a wedding to attend in Mechanicsburg, PA, instead of paying the outrageous price at the hotel the wedding was at, we decided to look for something cheaper. I booked the room without reading any reviews and then went back and read some not so good reviews on the place. I was expecting our stay to be pretty bad. When we arrived, the desk attendant was very nice and prompt, and the lobby was very clean and presentable. I had requested a smoking room and when we got in the room, being a smoker myself the smell was not overwhelming. Also, being in the hospitality industry myself I turned the room over and was surprised to find nothing wrong with the room at all. The TV, fixtures and decor were a little outdated but other than that, the room was great. Breakfast in the morning was the usual, nothing outrageous but good none the less. The only thing that I agree with from the other reviews is that the coffee might as well have been water. Overall I would return to this hotel and recommend it for others.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends