“Prices went up....but subs are smaller”

South Philly Hoagies
Ranked #43 of 187 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: Soups
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Prices went up....but subs are smaller”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I go here pretty often but in the past few months the prices have gone up - on subs like $1.00 or so each and it seems like the size has gone down. the guy who runs the place is nice and always working but i dont think the consumer is getting the bang for their buck here!

Visited October 2012

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“A great Philly steak! I'll definitely be back!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife, three kids (ages 5, 3, &1) visited for dinner today.

The cheese steaks are excellent. I've had very few better than this place. Perhaps Captain Gus's in Lancaster, PA is better. But not by much, and that's the only possibly better one I'm aware of in all of central PA.

$33 for two cheese steaks, four drinks, two orders of fries, one with cheese, a huge cookie, and some chicken fingers. Not bad at all! I'm a big eater, and the small steak was ample food for me. If you get the large, you had better be HUNGRY!

Fries are OK. Nothing special. If there is one reason I gave the place a "Very Good" rating rather than "excellent" it was the fries. They're actually not bad at all. Just nothing special.

No servers, so no tipping! I love that! Saved money there. Also, save money by ordering small drinks. They're free refills, so it makes no sense to pay more for a larger size.

Don't like cheese steaks? They have a very wide selection on their menu. They're bound to have something you like. I'll be back to this place, no doubt!