“Nothing Special”

Good for: Families with children
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and myself were invited to dinner by his parents. This is not the type of restaurant we would visit as my husband is a meat and potatoes man not a vegetable man!!!!! All four of us ordered the steak and shrimp hibachi. I like grilled veggies so I enjoyed my meal but I think you have to have a certain pallet for ginger and ginger dressing which they put on their salads. My husband was real quick to push his dish to the back of the table and politely say no thanks!!!!! It was a very average dining experience although the wait staff was very efficient and friendly and the hibachi chef was entertaining. It's a nice place to go with friends or family to catch up after not seeing each other for a while. I don't think we'll be back any time soon as this just is not the type of dining experience my husband enjoys but don't let this deter you from experiencing it yourself.

• Visited April 2014

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Best you can find in the area and inexpensive as well. You can have the hibachi meals served on the "sushi" side of the restaurant if you are too old for the show.
Service is very nice as well

Paciano, Italy
“A cut above most franchise places”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

One thing I look for in a restaurant experience is consistency. Tokyo Diner delivers good quality sushi every time. The fish is fresh and prepared with care. The selection of rolls is good, offering uncooked, cooked and vegetarian options. The chiarashi, TNT Roll (tempura) and the Unagi Handroll are among my favorites. If you use a coupon from the Clipper Magazine, you can get a free club membership. This entitles you to discounts on each visit and to all you can eat sushi for $25. They also have coupons in the Clipper regularly. They also serve habachi, but I have only gone for sushi.

Most of my visits here have been at lunchtime. Only a few times for dinner. I have not been there when it was busy. The service is very prompt, and friendly and I have never had a problem with a special request or change.

The restaurant decor is fine. I enjoy the cloth napkins and hot towel upon arrival.

• Visited August 2012
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Interesting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

My son loves this place, and I say it's not to bad. It's fun to watch them cook right in front of you. Good food. I only go for lunch because I think their evening/dinner prices are way to high for what you get.

Visited June 2012
“Take the whole family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

One of our favorite places to go. Friendly staff and great food.