“Best sushi - 10 years running, for a reason!”
Review of Sapporo East

Sapporo East
Ranked #10 of 192 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I probably eat at Sapporo 2-3 times a week now, and there is a reason. The sushi is incredible. The staff, who always are great, will absolutely go out of their way to take care of you. It is BYOB, so bring along your own beer or wine to complement dinner.

Was just there again this past Sunday with a colleague and had a great early dinner. Try the Spicy Salmon Roll, it never disappoints. Ida, who has worked there as long as I have been a customer, is a gem. All the staff are great, but if you are lucky enough to have him wait on you, he will attend to your every need.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a wonderful dinner last night and were lucky to grab the last open table on a Saturday at 7:30. Service was fast and friendly. We started with gyoza and cucumber salad, both great, followed by several rolls. Everyone at the table got and loved the Angel Hair roll, and I enjoyed the summer roll (with seared pepper tuna... Just ask them to go light on the sauce. Not super spicy but they apply generously!) Everyone finished every piece on their plate even though we were full because it was too good to leave sitting. We didn't know it was BYO but the green tea was decent. Definitely will be back!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The rolls here are fresh and made-to-order. Never had a bad experience at this restaurant!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had the tako salad (octopus salad) and that was ok. The octopus was a bit tough. Then I had their Charishi (spelling?) which is basically sashimi over rice and that was very good! I'd definitely go back. Our waitress was nice but then she disappeared and a male (not sure if he was a bus boy or a waiter) started rushing us. He brought the bill before my friend was even done eating. There were a couple other issues but nothing that would stop me from trying it again.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Sapporo East now for about a year fairly consistently. We are always treated well by the staff, and my wife enjoys the Shrimp Won Ton Soup. I enjoy the speciality rolls, especially the Volcano Special Roll with real crab and mango. While I am not the connoisseur of raw sushi, the raw entrees are consistently fresh and delicious and include soup and salad. I also enjoy their Shrimp Tempura which is perfectly done. The rolls are larger, and do fall apart occasionally, but to me, the taste is paramount. Sapporo East is one of our favorites!