“Good hotel at great price”

Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We booked a ski/stay pkg. We were able to check in at 11 and our ski lift voucher were ready to be used. Rooms are new and had a very large/clean bathroom. Good selection in the free buffet breakfast. Customer service was top-notch. We didn't realize until we got home that we had forgotten some articles of clothing in the room. The staff was able to retrieve it and at our request sent it to us and we received in less than 3 days. Would definitely stay here again on our next ski trip.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 24, 2009

Overall our stay at this hotel was great. We did not arrive until 12:30 am however check in was a breeze and the staff was very nice. We requested a room away from the highway due to the other reviews advising so. This was a good choice. However we were on the bottom floor near an exit door, so we did hear people in and out of the door in the early hours. The room was very clean and had everything you needed including a fridge. I would recommend this hotel to other and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2009

New hotel is easy to reach from Pa Turnpike. Above average rooms.. Pool and health club are somewhat small for this size hotel. Front of hotel faces busy highway 15 with lots of noisy truck traffic late into the night and early morning. Hotel provides earplugs and white noise generator for those who are bothered by this. If you need a quiet room, ask for one that does not face the road. One of the few hotels in this class that does not offer complimentary breakfast., which is OK for business travellers on an expense account, but not for families. No restaurant, but location is convenient to local eateries and delivery services (try "Your Place" for takeout).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2009

My husband, son and I stayed at this hotel over Labor Day weekend. We booked it through Priceline for a last minute trip to Hershey, so were not sure what to expect. We loved this hotel & would definitely stay there again! The front desk staff was courteous and very friendly. The happily answered our questions and were great references for local spots for breakfast. The rooms were extremely spacious and spotless clean. My entire family remarked about the comfortable beds and pillows. I even had to tell my son that we could not smuggle the goose down pillows home! We did have a room in the front of the hotel and I was not bothered by any traffic noise from Highway 15. I am a very light sleeper and I could not hear a thing. I also could not hear any noise from any of the other guests. The bathroom was very spacious and had a large vanity. It looked newly remodeled and was very clean. My husband used the health club and found it to be very nice. There were several flat screens mounted by the treadmills and exercise bikes to make your workout go quicker. The pool and hot tub were clean and modern. The pool was small and I imagine that it could get crowded easily, but we didn't run into that problem.

The hotel is approximately 25 minutes away from Hershey and Hersheypark. It is a bit off the beaten path, but we felt it was worth the drive. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Used priceline.com for a hotel near Hershey, PA and was assigned this three star hotel for $75 a night. It wasn't as close to Hershey as I would have liked but it wasn't that bad - about 20 minutes away. I am glad that I had GPS though as we arrived close to midnight and the hotel is "off the beaten track."

We followed a previous reviewers advice and requested a room away from the highway and did not hear any traffic.

Hotel room was very clean and absolutely loved the shower. Usually hotels have lousy water pressure but this was fantastic. Plus the shower was larger than average - it had a curved shower curtain rod and a small marble area that could be used as a seat on the far end.

Hotel has an indoor pool and hottub, which is a plus. The pool, however, was a little too chilly for my liking. Though my daughter didn't seem to mind too much after a long hot day at the park.

Another plus is there is free wifi. In this day and age it drives me insane when hotels do not offer this simple, and in my opinion, necessary service.

Overall, a pleasant experience and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Some colleagues and I stayed in this hotel for one night to attend a business meeting in Mechanicsburg. So, the location is very convenient for that purpose.

However, the hotel directly fronts Highway/Route 15, and the grade of the highway is essentially even with the second floor of the hotel. So, a second floor room facing the highway is very noisy, although my colleagues on the third floor complained of the same thing.

The service is very good here, and everyone is very pleasant. The highway noise is just annoying, though, and I'm not a light sleeper.

In the Courtyard's defense, I complained about the noise in a post-stay online survey, and they sent me a free breakfast coupon. This might be my only trip to Mechanicsburg, so the value of the coupon is limited.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We checked into this hotel on Friday night.The room was bit small for the
price but it was clean.We wanted to get a good nights sleep.At 5 in the morning
we were awake to kids running up and down the halls doors slamming and
continued screaming.We called down to the front desk only to be told well it
is the weekend it always like this on the weekend are you checking out today
after replying yes all said was ooo good.We asked what time breakfast began
only to be told we don't have free breakfast on the weekend its 10 dollars a person.

You pay 129 a night and no breakfast.We were very unhappy and ask to speak to
manger and was told she was busy.We made call to customer service complaint
line and all of sudden she became not so busy.We checked out after receiving
our money back and checked into the country inn and suites down the road
which allowed us to check in very early and gave us breakfast.The rooms much
bigger and a lot less noisy and cost almost 10 dollars cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends