Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Mechanicsburg)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewshockey teamsales coordinatorsoftball tournamentteams stayingsnow tubingnice propertymeeting roomfront desk stafflight sleepernext morninghershey parkthird floorbusiness tripwould definitely stay here againrooms are niceclean hotelexercise room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Friendly and accomodating staff at the front desk. But there were several disgusting signs that the room was NOT properly cleaned! I won't get specific, but to put it simply, YUCK!!! Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Hello TravelAwayA. Sorry to hear that you felt the hotel was not clean enough for your liking. We usually have people say nothing but great things about how clean the hotel is. I would love to hear more from you, if you could kindly drop me an email I would surely apprecaite it; csczypta@shanercorp.com.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Property was very clean, staff was very friendly. Property needs some updating. Hotel is still an older version of a Marriott Courtyard and has not been revevated to include the bistro dinning. Rooms were very clean and spacious, nice layout. Bed was very hard and uncomfortable. Springs were popping out slighly and was not able to have a very good nights sleep. Not recommended for someone that already has back pain or back issues. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone if the beds were replaced with the typical comfy Courtyard beds any traveler typically knows and loves.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good day SAC9619 and thank you for your feedback about the mattresses. I am totally with you on needing a mattress that will give you a comfortable nights rest. The mattress we currently have is the Courtyard mattress however last year Courtyard changed mattress brands which I understand are more comfortable. We will be changing our mattresses later this year when we start our renovation. Again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you on a future trip to the area.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Even numbered rooms facing the highway are noisy throughout the night. The rooms are clean, very spacious, and beds are pillowtop and quite comfortable. Breakfast buffet was great - lots of hot and cold choices, although not included in the room rate. Great lobby space for meetings/work.

• Stayed: August 2014
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you PleidesOne for your comments regarding your recent stay. It is always nice to hear when our guests think the hotel is great! We hope that you will visit again on a future trip to the Mechanicsburg area.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was my first time staying at this hotel. and although there's nothing scenic about the view, the hotel is located right off of the highway. 15S and nestled in the commercial district. this hotel is GEM! It's clean. spacious business center. Free breakfast and very friendly staff. If you need to be in the Mechanicsburg or Harrisburg area and you're looking for a great hotel for a decent price...look no further than the Courtyard Marriott West.

Room Tip: Get a room far from the kitchen. If not you will wake up to the smell of bacon cooking and you're on the 3rd floor. It'll make you hungry.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Zeta R, Thank you for your review!!!! We think our hotel is a GEM as well and truly appreciate that you thought of it that way. The hotel staff go out of their way to make sure all guests are happy. It pleases me so much to hear that you found my staff very friendly. We look forward to seeing you again on a future trip to the area.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I recently stayed at another Courtyard in the area that had been updated with the modernized lobby. This is a traditional Courtyard without the new lobby amenities, and definitely a step down from the "refreshed" Courtyard version.

However, I stopped here mainly for the location near the Pa. Turnpike entrance, and the location was a key plus for my travel plans.

Pros and cons for the hotel based on my experience are these:

PROS
- good location for traveling on the Pa. Turnpike in the Harrisburg area;
- clean and well-maintained guest room;
- comfortable bed, but a bit on the soft side for my taste;
- good television and wi-fi;
- no significant noise issues.
CONS
- poly-cotton bedding found at most Courtyards; pillows not great either;
- no full length mirror in room;
- no complimentary breakfast.

At another Marriott Courtyard in the area, they offered free cookies in the lobby near the beverage area. At this Courtyard I asked about the free cookies and heard that management was cutting back on its complimentary cookie program. This seems penny-wise and pound-foolish, since this is an amenity that customers could have on their radar after a long journey.

Overall, this hotel suited my travel needs and price point. If you want to spend a bit more, there are other options nearby that offer complimentary hot breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you cj878 for your comments and feedback. I truly appreicated the pros and cons list. They can be very helpful for future travelers but I wanted to make sure you were aware of just a few things that might have been missed on this trip for you:

We do have a full length mirror which is located in the closet area of the room.
We also offer complimentary cookies on certain nights of the week. We made this change from 7 days a week because some of our guests commented they would have rather had something in the morning while they are on their way to work so we added cereal bars to those days of the week.

Again, your feeback is most appreciated and we hope that you will return to the hotel on a future trip to the area.