“Great Stay”

Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were in Pennsylvania under unpleasant circumstances (the funeral for my Mom), and stayed at this Courtyard hotel for three days. Since we really like Courtyard/Marriott facilities, it was
very easy to pick this one since it was close to Camp Hill where the funeral was to be held. I was not in this area of Pennsylvania for about 15 years and people at this hotel were not only professional but also very kind and very helpful. Everyone, from the front desk to the ladies who cared for our room, were extremely nice.
The room itself was very clean, very comfortable and presented us with the opportunity to relax and feel at home while there. The beds were very comfortable and, believe me, we were in need of rest when we got back to our room each day during the preparations for the funeral.
The bottom line is that this facility was perfect in every way possible.
We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your kind words Bill P! We pride ourselves on being friendly and helpful to all of our guests and It pleases me to hear that the staff made your stay so enjoyable during a stressful time. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Central Pennsylvania are.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed one night for a business trip and the hotel was very clean, the staff was extremely friendly, good breakfast (but it wasn't complementary) and it was close to the customer. I'd definitely stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here for the second year in a row for a hockey tournament.
The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating.
The all-day self service coffee bar is great and the afternoon cookies were a hit with the kids. I also liked the complementary breakfast buffet.
There is local entertainment and restaurants close by. All in all a great value!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your kind words about your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure welcoming your team back to our property for the second year and enjoyed having you with us for your hockey tournament. We look forward to hosting you again for your next event! All the best!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a suite on Christmas Eve. The room was clean and quiet. There was plenty of space and a cozy bedroom. The staff was very polite and friendly. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for one on the side of the hotel that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

So glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay here at the Courtyard!! Being comfortable is one of our main goals here at the hotel as well as having a friendly staff. Glad that you were able to have a great experience with both the amentities of the hotel as well as the staff. See you on the next trip to the Central PA area!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Harrisburg West for one night in December 2013 for a business trip. First off, the hotel is in a bit of a strange area. While the Hampton down the street is in a business park, the Courtyard sits between a dairy processing facility and a residential neighborhood. Other than leading to a funny parking lot configuration, this didn't impact the quality of my stay.

The hotel and rooms are clean. The bathroom was a little bit on the small side, but is consistent with 1990s vintage Courtyard property designs. The room was nicely appointed with an LCD TV, which swiveled to be viewable from the bed. The bed was comfortable and soft, so I had no complaints there.

The quality that leads me to rank the Courtyard as average was the proximity to the highway. Upon checking in, I asked for a room facing away from the highway. The attendant at the desk informed me that the hotel was sold out for the night and that my room had been assigned on the highway side and there there was nothing she could do. It was a little bit of an odd answer for a traveler with a high loyalty status who was arriving shortly after check-in time, but I won't split hairs. (She also neglected to provide me with a breakfast voucher, which is one of the loyalty perks at my level, but again, not a big deal).

The reviews on TripAdvisor are fully accurate regarding the noise level facing the highway. Even with the drapes closed, the hum and roar of traffic was omnipresent. I slept with a white noise app on my phone running all night to drown out the sound, which was a fairly successful strategy. I'd recommend being very, very weary of getting stuck in a room on the highway side if you're a light sleeper or need a silent room to be comfortable.

If I'm in the area again, I'd have no issue staying at the property a second time-- but I will definitely bring the white noise app!

Room Tip: Highway side is very noisy, particularly on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you ohjb for your feedback. We know that the road noise can be an issue for some of our guests and try to assign rooms to those that request rooms facing our courtyard. Unfortunately, that does not always work out as we are limited on the number of rooms that we have on the backside of the hotel. We do have whitenoise machines built into the alarm clocks in every room on our highway side of the hotel for future reference so that you will not have to use the app on your phone. I am glad to hear everything else was great during your stay! Look forward to seeing you again on a future trip to the area!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is an older Courtyard. They don't have the coffee shop, a bar, or the touchscreens. The staff makes up for the failings. The night staff took great care of me when I left for work at the navy yard at 0'dark thirty every morning. After the first few nights, they had acclimated to my schedule and had coffee ready at 3am for me. They were very helpful and I will return after my next tour.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Glad to hear JohnP that the night staff did such a wonderful job making sure everything you needed was taken care of. Most often at that hour, the staff go unnoticed with no one really complimenting them. It 's with great pleasure to hear that they knocked it out of the park for you! Hope to see you again on a future trip to the Central PA area!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I rarely travel for work but had to last week. Blindly picked this hotel based on location. Boy, did I pick well! I am OCD and a germaphobe, but this was the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. The hotel staff went out of their way to treat me like family, and slept like a baby (I have insomnia). The bed was wonderful. The breakfast food was great. I can't find a single bad thing to say. It was an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello DenaMayB! So glad that your felt everything was clean and in working order while staying with us recently. Most importantly I am glad that the staff treated you well. We put alot of policies and procedures in place to ensure the staff know what they are doing but treating people like family is something that cannot be taught; it's simply a quality that people are born with. Glad to hear the staff did an excellent job!