“Great staff, typical hotel”

Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great staff, typical hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is an older Courtyard. They don't have the coffee shop, a bar, or the touchscreens. The staff makes up for the failings. The night staff took great care of me when I left for work at the navy yard at 0'dark thirty every morning. After the first few nights, they had acclimated to my schedule and had coffee ready at 3am for me. They were very helpful and I will return after my next tour.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Glad to hear JohnP that the night staff did such a wonderful job making sure everything you needed was taken care of. Most often at that hour, the staff go unnoticed with no one really complimenting them. It 's with great pleasure to hear that they knocked it out of the park for you! Hope to see you again on a future trip to the Central PA area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I rarely travel for work but had to last week. Blindly picked this hotel based on location. Boy, did I pick well! I am OCD and a germaphobe, but this was the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. The hotel staff went out of their way to treat me like family, and slept like a baby (I have insomnia). The bed was wonderful. The breakfast food was great. I can't find a single bad thing to say. It was an excellent place to stay!

Green Features: If you don't want your towels replaced, like after only 1 or 2 uses, leave them on the towelrack. For sheets, they will replace if you want, but won't until after a few days. Very good for the environment.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hello DenaMayB! So glad that your felt everything was clean and in working order while staying with us recently. Most importantly I am glad that the staff treated you well. We put alot of policies and procedures in place to ensure the staff know what they are doing but treating people like family is something that cannot be taught; it's simply a quality that people are born with. Glad to hear the staff did an excellent job!
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I really liked the hotel but was not able to enjoy my stay due to the constant highway noise. The hotel has a continental and a full breakfast. In addition; the rooms were comfortable and well appointed. Bonefish Grill and Texas Roadhouse are close by. The front desk was pleasant and the hotel had complementary coffee and tea.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard side that may be a little quieter.... not 100 % sure though.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank virtualGoat
Thank you virtualGoat for your feedback regarding the noise. Being near the highway can have it's advantages and disadvantages. While we try to do our best to accommodate all requests, sometimes we are just not able to. I am not sure if you noticed, but our rooms on the highway side of the building actually come equipped with a whitenoise machines in the room. It's built into the alarm clock to help drown out the noise. Hope to see you again on a future trip to the area!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Was visiting our daughter at Messiah College and found that this Courtyard is very much up to the high standards of most Courtyards. Big room with two Queens. Helpful staff. It was nice that it had an indoor pool and hot tub. Pool is small though - not good for exercising - just relaxing. Equipment in exercise room worked well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you when you are in town again visiting your daughter at Messiah College. Safe travels!
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We came in for just one night but would happily have stayed longer. Beautiful hotel, clean, spacious rooms, friendly and accommodating staff. My small child had a terrible allergic reaction and the staff was very helpful in the middle of the night to direct me to the nearest 24 hour store for medication. I've been a loyal Marriott customer for many, many years, and I will continue to be for a long time. We'll be back to this hotel, in particular.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
AS0525, thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that my associates were able to assist you with finding a 24 hour pharmacy. As a parent myself, I know how being in a strange city can already be somewhat stressful, but than having something happen while you were here can make it 10X's worse. I hope that all is well with your little one and look forward to seeing you on a future trip to the area. Thank you for being Marriott Loyal!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

What set this hotel apart from others was the exceptionally friendly and efficient front desk staff and general sincere friendliness of the other employees. I've travelled for business for many years, and this has to be in my top five pleasant check-in experiences. The front desk clerk even called the elevator and pressed the floor button for me since I had my hands full. At another point a different employee paid me a complement and pleasantly wished me a nice stay out of the blue. Everyone seemed to have a smile and something nice to say - it was very refreshing.

Otherwise, it's a nice newer hotel - clean well appointed room with microwave and fridge. Very comfortable bed. Average breakfast for a fee. Strangely located on a poorly lit road with a barely adequate sign right on top of the entrance.

All said, I would happily stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
Service with a Smile... I love it!!! It goes without saying that a smile can go a long way and I am glad that you felt the same way. I pride myself on having a very friendly staff here at the hotel. That is half the battle when hiring new associates and maintaining ones as well. Thank you for your feedback. I will definately share this with staff as they will be thrilled to know that the small things that they do, do not go unnoticed. Hope to see you again on a future trip to the area!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was here for three nights on business. The room was spacious, clean and quiet (and I was only two doors from the elevator. The breakfast value was great! They do not charge you an outrageous flat fee regardless if you eat healthy or are a glutton. I do not think any of my breakfasts were over $6. The best hotel breakfast value I have ever had! If I am back in the area, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room on the north side away from the highway was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you MtnMatt1749 for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We strive to make sure we keep up with all the food trends and that we are aware that not everyone eats the same nowadays. When people hear that we have a breakfast buffet they sometimes do not understand that we have a menu and that items can be purchased al a carte from the buffet. thank you for sharing! We look forward to seeing you on a return visit to Central, PA!