“Nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Mercer, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here one night while in town on business. Very, very clean hotel. Modern, updated rooms. Comfortable bed. A couple of things that were extra nice--night light on the radio and light switches that glowed when the lights are turned off. Very challenging to get up in the night in an unfamiliar room and try to find your way around. That is a great addition and all hotel rooms should have them. My co-workers and I all agreed the breakfast was excellent. The breakfast hostess was attentive and made sure you had what you needed. Desk staff was very friendly. Would definitely stay here again. And, we all agreed that it's proximity to the road was not disturbing at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kristine G, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I cannot thank you enough for this review of our hotel. It gives me pride that we were able to accomodate you so well during your travels. I will be sure to share this with the rest of my staff so they can hear your kind words as well. We look forward to your furture stays with us!

Safe Travels!

-Kristine Gulick
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I renewed our vows this past weekend because we didnt have a real wedding the first time around back in March. I contacted the Courtyard by Marriott in Mechanicsburg to block off rooms for my guest (ALL of whom were from out of town). They were great! Alaina Springer was always pleasant and did her best to accomadate ALL my requests and keep me up to date with which guests booked and how much time other guests had left to book their rooms. All the staff were great once we checked in. Never been to a hotel where the staff were so warm and friendly and truly acted as if it was their pleasure to help me and my guests out however they could. My suite was great and clean and there really was limited noise from other rooms.
Breakfast was not complimentary, but was a lot better than what I'm used to from other hotels I've stayed at. So all in all it was a great stay. Made this bride feel like a queen! Thanks so much!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
arspringer, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We are so glad we were able to share in your joyous occasion and make everything as seamless as possible for you. It is always our pleasure to help where we are needed and to follow through with any requests that we can! Thank you for taking the time to write the review and share your experience with others. You certainly were a pleasure to work with. Be sure to look us up when your family and friends return for a visit! Best wishes and congratulations to you and your husband!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2012

5's do not express the impressive experience we had at the Courtyard in Mechanicsburg. Service needs to be a 10 at least! For the last 5 days we have held meetings in their confernece room and suites for 23 people. We had 2 meals there daily, food was just right! The staff at the property were without a doubt the most service oriented team i have ever dealt with and I have stayed at some very fine hotels around the world; Ritz, Greenbrier, JW Marriotts and St Regis to name a few!

If you have a need to visit Mechanicsburg, i feel sure that you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012
arspringer, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words towards the hotel and staff. It truly means a lot to read such a wonderful review from a seasoned traveler such as yourself. I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say your group was certainly a joy to have. It would be our pleasure to host you all again as it was blast having you here! Thank you again and we look forward to hopefully working with you in the future.
Meadville, PA United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I make a lot of team reservations, they handled us with ease. The breakfast was great and they even helped us with room arrangements when we had too many rooms booked. The staff was very friendly and had all of the keys marked with the athletes name so it was simple to get them into the hotel and in their rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our property and your experience with the reservation process. I'm so happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you to our area!
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I made a reservation at the hotel for 12 10 year old boy soccer players and their families. We all had a good experience. It was a good location for the tournament. The boys had fun in the pool at night. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The only negatives were that our rooms were on the first floor and there was a good deal of noise in the evening and early morning, and some of our rooms smelled as if they had previously been smoking rooms. Also, the rooms were pretty crowded if you were using the pull out bed-which is only big enough for one 10 year old boy-no siblings.

Room Tip: Third floor, on the side furthest from route 15, and make sure it didn't used to be a smoking ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your team's experience at our hotel with other travelers. We have been hosting teams for the Dillsburg ShootOut since 2007 and look forward to the event each year. I am truly sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your guest room accommodations and only wish we had the opportunity to correct your concerns while you were on-site. Our property was built as a non-smoking hotel 6 years ago, so I am very surprised that you experienced something other than what we consider to be the 'norm'. Please accept my apologies as I feel terrible that your expectations were not met. I hope you are able to give us another try if you are to return to the tournament in future years. I would love the chance to 'wow' you and your team on another occasion.
Lakeland
Reviewed September 30, 2012

There is so many positive things I could say about this hotel. Literally, the ONLY downside to staying here is that the hotel is somewhat hard to find. True - the breakfast wasn't free either. However, most "free" breakfasts these days are hardly worth eating anyways. On a positive note, I found all 3 staff members that I dealt with to be very friendly, helpful, and occasionally even voluntarily offered to go "above and beyond" to help meet my needs to find restaurants and a local ice cream shop (can't remember the name, but it was delicious creamy custard treats).

I tried to extend my stay another night because the lobby was clean, the decor was modern, the business center seemed well-equipped (although I didn't need to use it), there were even board games available for families to use during their stay. Upon check-in there was water (and iced tea I think) for guests to drink in the lobby area. The elevator quickly took me to my assigned room. The rooms were quiet, very comfortable and clean. I would even go as far as to say there were a "wee-bit" classy. The computer desk had a special feature that allowed me to have plenty of extra space for my laptop and other papers (too bad I found out about this AFTER I had finished my work). The bathroom was spacious as Courtyard facilities usually are.
It was a very pleasant stay. I had high expectations of the Courtyard by Marriott, but it had been 10 years since I had stayed in one. Needless to say, this hotel was just as good or better than I remember from the past..

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in this place. You could always ask the staff if you have specific conce...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Kristine G, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I'm so happy that we could accomodate you on your travels through the mid-state and I am thrilled that you had such a great experience here! Our staff believe in out motto to "do whatever it takes" to ensure all of our guests have a superior stay; we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms, hospitable staff and we try to keep our decor as up to date as possible.

As always, thank you for the kind review!
New England
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Usually can't go wrong with a Courtyard. While this location had all the amenities of all Courtyards, and the staff extremely pleasant and helpful, it's location is way too close to the highway. It can't be 50 yards from the highway to the parking lot and if your room is facing that way, you hear every semi or motorcycle passing. Location appears to be off the beaten track, but down a side road or two there are plenty of restaurant options. SO, IF you can get a 'back of the building room', I would recommend the location. Otherwise............

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back of the hotel !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you had a good experience overall. I can't wait to share the nice comments you said about our staff with them! For the noise issue, I do apologize - we have taken a few precautions for our guests that are 'lighter' sleepers - such as ear plugs and white noise machines to aid you in a good night's rest. We hope that you choose the Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West for your future travels!