“Cross Country Team Trip”

Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Meadville, PA United States
“Cross Country Team Trip”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I make a lot of team reservations, they handled us with ease. The breakfast was great and they even helped us with room arrangements when we had too many rooms booked. The staff was very friendly and had all of the keys marked with the athletes name so it was simple to get them into the hotel and in their rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our property and your experience with the reservation process. I'm so happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you to our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I made a reservation at the hotel for 12 10 year old boy soccer players and their families. We all had a good experience. It was a good location for the tournament. The boys had fun in the pool at night. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The only negatives were that our rooms were on the first floor and there was a good deal of noise in the evening and early morning, and some of our rooms smelled as if they had previously been smoking rooms. Also, the rooms were pretty crowded if you were using the pull out bed-which is only big enough for one 10 year old boy-no siblings.

Room Tip: Third floor, on the side furthest from route 15, and make sure it didn't used to be a smoking ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your team's experience at our hotel with other travelers. We have been hosting teams for the Dillsburg ShootOut since 2007 and look forward to the event each year. I am truly sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your guest room accommodations and only wish we had the opportunity to correct your concerns while you were on-site. Our property was built as a non-smoking hotel 6 years ago, so I am very surprised that you experienced something other than what we consider to be the 'norm'. Please accept my apologies as I feel terrible that your expectations were not met. I hope you are able to give us another try if you are to return to the tournament in future years. I would love the chance to 'wow' you and your team on another occasion.
Lakeland
Reviewed September 30, 2012

There is so many positive things I could say about this hotel. Literally, the ONLY downside to staying here is that the hotel is somewhat hard to find. True - the breakfast wasn't free either. However, most "free" breakfasts these days are hardly worth eating anyways. On a positive note, I found all 3 staff members that I dealt with to be very friendly, helpful, and occasionally even voluntarily offered to go "above and beyond" to help meet my needs to find restaurants and a local ice cream shop (can't remember the name, but it was delicious creamy custard treats).

I tried to extend my stay another night because the lobby was clean, the decor was modern, the business center seemed well-equipped (although I didn't need to use it), there were even board games available for families to use during their stay. Upon check-in there was water (and iced tea I think) for guests to drink in the lobby area. The elevator quickly took me to my assigned room. The rooms were quiet, very comfortable and clean. I would even go as far as to say there were a "wee-bit" classy. The computer desk had a special feature that allowed me to have plenty of extra space for my laptop and other papers (too bad I found out about this AFTER I had finished my work). The bathroom was spacious as Courtyard facilities usually are.
It was a very pleasant stay. I had high expectations of the Courtyard by Marriott, but it had been 10 years since I had stayed in one. Needless to say, this hotel was just as good or better than I remember from the past..

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in this place. You could always ask the staff if you have specific conce...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Kristine G, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I'm so happy that we could accomodate you on your travels through the mid-state and I am thrilled that you had such a great experience here! Our staff believe in out motto to "do whatever it takes" to ensure all of our guests have a superior stay; we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms, hospitable staff and we try to keep our decor as up to date as possible.

As always, thank you for the kind review!
New England
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Usually can't go wrong with a Courtyard. While this location had all the amenities of all Courtyards, and the staff extremely pleasant and helpful, it's location is way too close to the highway. It can't be 50 yards from the highway to the parking lot and if your room is facing that way, you hear every semi or motorcycle passing. Location appears to be off the beaten track, but down a side road or two there are plenty of restaurant options. SO, IF you can get a 'back of the building room', I would recommend the location. Otherwise............

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back of the hotel !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you had a good experience overall. I can't wait to share the nice comments you said about our staff with them! For the noise issue, I do apologize - we have taken a few precautions for our guests that are 'lighter' sleepers - such as ear plugs and white noise machines to aid you in a good night's rest. We hope that you choose the Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West for your future travels!
Beaufort, NC
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We hosted a family gathering at the Courtyard on September 21/22. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, has all the amenities you expect, but the best part was the cheerful staff -- from the front desk crew to the breakfast servers, and the housekeeping staff who took special care of the children in our group. We had a catered dinner for 38 on Saturday and the meeting room was excellent -- it opened out onto the private and spacious back area where the youngsters were able to play. All in all, an excellent experience which we would highly recommend to anyone looking for a group outing -- or just a solo visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your group's experience with other travelers. It was a pleasure working with you through the planning process and our whole staff enjoyed hosting your family and friends. We pride ourselves with the cleanliness of our hotel and our team's 'whatever it takes' attitude, so I am very happy to hear you were pleased with our property's accommodations and had a good experience with our staff. If you should find yourselves in Central PA in the future, hopefully we are able to host you once again!
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had block of rooms for my daugthers wedding on September 14-16th 2012. We had family and friends from out of state as well as from PA. The rooms were very clean and the staff were friendly helpful. If you need a place to stay for a wedding and want to block rooms, call here. The staff was very helpful in planning for event. We had breakfast in the dinning room. Again staff very friendly. Plenty of food and lots to choose from. Easy and quick check in and out.

Room Tip: Take a room on the south side
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
arspringer, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
It was certainly our pleasure accommodating you and your guests for your daughter's wedding! It is always great to hear when the hotel and staff live up to your expectations and exceed at providing the service we strive to give. Thank you for staying with us and please give your daughter and her new husband our best wishes.
Allen Park, Michigan
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Hubby fell Ill while in PA. Needed a place to rest and get well. The courtyard by Marriott was a score all the way around. Haven't stayed at one in years. We were very pleasantly surprised. Very clean, bed was extremely comfy which is super important to us. Nice clean duvet covered bedding. Nice and plentiful pillows. The fridge and micro were very useful, but I especially loved the real hair dryer that was in the armoire. (I hate the ones attached to the wall in most hotels ) the bathrooms were beautiful. Great showers. And the Paul Mitchell bath products were a nice touch. We stayed 3 nights total. The staff was great. Especially the sweet woman in house keeping who was always concerned about making sure we had fresh towels and any other supplies to keep hubby comfortable. The staff at the desk and at the breakfast buffet were also great.

• Stayed September 2012
Kristine G, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We hope your husband is feeling much better and we were so glad to accomodate you two while in the Mechanicsburg area. We are so excited about our new Paul Mitchell line featured in our guest room, and happy to hear that you liked it too! I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to our entire staff about how attentive they were able to be for you and your husband. Happy & Safe Travels!