“Fantastic Pho, Atmosphere and Service”
Review of Pho 7 Spice

Pho 7 Spice
Ranked #22 of 187 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Pho, Atmosphere and Service”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We'd heard a lot about this new restaurant and were excited to try it. After several press mentions and lots of word-of-mouth, I expected it would be crowded on a Saturday evening (which it was), so I was delighted to find that they accept reservations. The woman on the phone was extremely friendly.

Upon arrival, we were greeted in a truly welcoming manner. Having seen this site in its previous incarnation as a Color Me Mine studio, we were amazed by the transformation -- the decor manages to be sleek and warm at the same time, very attractive and comfortable with lovely art on the walls. The menu is small, mainly focusing on Pho noodle soup (about a dozen different offerings, with various combinations of meats, seafood and veggies), in addition to some appetizers and a Bun special. I understand the menu will be expanding in the future.

We started with fried shrimp rolls and spring rolls -- both were excellent. The pho came steaming hot with rice noodles and meat in the broth, and a side plate of additions including basil, cilantro, sprouts, spicy peppers -- nice to allow for spice control. The "small" bowl was big, the "large" was enormous. The flavors were truly exceptional, and we all found the meal delicious and filling. No room for dessert!

A week later, I was driving by at lunch time and decided to grab a bowl for take-out. I ordered a small chicken pho, and it came with the yummy broth alone in a huge container, and a separate container of shredded chicken, noodles and other accompaniments. I was a bit concerned that the noodles were sticking together, but once added to the soup, they separated nicely and the whole thing was just as tasty as in the restaurant -- and a small was enough for lunch for 2 days.

Pho 7 Spice is a great addition to West Shore dining options. Delicious, light but filling, healthy, quick, and a great value. Add the friendly service and pleasing ambiance (and BYOB!) and I can see making this a regular destination.

• Visited March 2014