“Great Stay”

Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I travel every week on business, and I needed to stay in the Mechanicsburg area to see a supplier. I have stayed with this chain before and they are very consistent with their quality from location to location. This hotel was no different: the room was clean, everything worked (lights, TV, remote, etc.), the staff was friendly, etc.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is probably the third or fourth time staying at this hotel. Check in was fast, with counter person very nice. Room was good, clean and comfortable for what time we were there. Breakfast is included, but breakfast room is small and usually crowded, so we just pass eating there. About 20 miles or so from Carlisle and the Fairgrounds.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Booked via hotels.com as a place to crash for my young family of 6 as we made our way back home from Charlotte to Upstate NY. Paid $107 for a double queen suite. The hotel gets a "poor" rating from me for the following reasons:
- Smell of the suite: the room was designated "smoke free" but must have been a smoker's room in year's past. There was a stale, used-to-be smoked in smell throughout the suite.
- Sofa/sleeper in suite area: the cushions were worn to the point of having small tears. When opened up as a sleeper, the mattress was so thin we could feel every spring. It was clear that the sheets on it hadn't been changed recently.
- Bathroom - at multiple seems, the wallpaper was peeling in the shower area. Curled right up. The metal frame of the bathroom door had areas of rust on it.
- Service - only when we checked in around 8pm was service given with a smile. The next morning all staff that we interacted with (checkout, breakfast) were cold, not even willing to make conversation.
We were satisfied with the queen beds, the shower head and the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We will address the smell of smoke and peeling wallpaper ,and bad service directly with the hotel. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel used to be good but now is the worst they got a new lady as housekiping manager and she is not doing her job the rooms are dirty the beds full of hair the only person there that knows how to treat a person is the mantenece guy that does everything in that hotel event breakfast.
He should get another job were they have better treatment.

• Stayed: April 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We are glad that you were happy with our maintenance. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the second time we stayed and once again perfection. My husband and I were so exhausted we were about to pass but we turned on at 10pm since we loved it the last time, one room available. It was very inexpensive as was the last time immaculate clean hot breakfast in the morning, fresh coffee. The main thing that sells me is when you open the door to your room and there is usually a smell good, bad or indifferent there is one. Well the clean smell was so nice I just dropped in the bed with relief. I have allergies and they didn't bother me in the room. I just wanted to say how excellent this hotel is and recommend it HIGHLY.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Received a phone call in the evening from someone calling the room phone stating he was the hotel manager and that he was very sorry but that there was a problem with billing; he was short staffed, the new front desk clerk had accidently deleted most of the guest reservations and that I would need to come down to the lobby and give my information again or he could help me out and take the information over the phone as the front desk was very busy. He also offered a 45% discount on the bill for my trouble. (!? 45%- that was a tip off right there something was not right) There was no way I was giving this guy any information- but I played along and asked what he needed he said my full name, address and credit card number, I asked if I could not do this in the morning he was adamant that I would have to come to the front desk tonight or I could do it over the phone; he told me he had called his district manager and that for insurance reasons it needed to be done tonight. I said ok maybe later I will come down, I asked where he was calling from and he said the front desk in the lobby but he had a southern accent- weird for the middle of PA. He was pretty pushy, I told him I was not giving him any credit card numbers over the phone and he kept the charade up until the end saying that's fine Mam' I understand but you will have to come to the lobby. I was thinking yea right- so I called the lobby and the girl who answered said that this had happened before and that there was no problem with billing or a manager in the lobby with her. If there is a history of this going on- people checking in should be told of this scam- I can imagine that many people would have bought this fraud and given out financial information.

Other than that the hotel was ok, no HBO, they did not make the bed or take out the garbage, the plumbing was noisy. But the staff were nice, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean. They had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, iron & board, hairdryer, they had some toothpaste for me because I forgot mine. I did not really have any complaints- it was not luxury I was looking for, just a clean, safe place to sleep while I was away on business. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Checked into the hotel late at night and the guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful with check in and directions! Went to my room witch looked clean but notice I only had two pillows! I called the front desk and John at the front desk brought me extra pillows very fast!
In the morning I came to the front desk with my bill that was put under the door but no one was at the desk! I waited for almost 6 mins till the girl at the desk came from the breakfast area (think her name was Kat or something like that) She was very rude and told me I could go if my bill was ok! She acted like I was interrupting her! Not a great start to my day and made me not want to return to the hotel!
Costumer service and a clean room is what makes me want to stay at a hotel. The rooms at this hotel could use some work but the only saving grace at the hotel was the guy at the desk at night( john)! This hotel could use a new desk person in the morning!

• Stayed: March 2013