“Very accommodating”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #53 of 192 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Large group -seated us right away, kept drinks filled, service was EXCELLANT! Steak was done to my liking!! Very nice male server-he was on the ball!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a solid, dependable restaurant for the Mechanicsburg, PA area. Prices are reasonable and the service is also good.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We traveled to the Mechanicsburg area over Memorial weekend for a softball tournament and had 11 families in our group. We love to eat at Outback over tournament weekends and have found that most will not accommodate a group over 9 people so we gave up on eating at Outback's with our group. A few families arrived early Friday evening so we decided to take our party of 15 to the Outback - they gave us no hesitation and seated us immediately. We added a few more people throughout the evening and they were very accommodating. The waitress seemed a little standoffish but overall we were happy that they accommodated us.

Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

I will start by saying that Outback used to be a great place to go. Something has definitely changed.

My husband and I were seated immediately, but waited over 15 minutes before I finally stopped someone and asked them if anyone was working our section. The manager took our order and brought our drinks within seconds. Then someone else brought my salad, but forgot my husbands salad. So again I stopped someone else (still no waitress) and they finally brought his salad.

I could go into many things about our house salads, but the most disgusting was the condition of the lettuce. It was wilted, brown, and tasted like poison. Needless to say we didn't finish them.

Another person came out with our steak dinners. The steak was DELICIOUS! It was tender and almost no grizzle was present. My loaded baked potato was cold inside and the bacon was almost impossible to chew without breaking a tooth.

At the end if our meal, another waitress came and offered dessert (on the house) for all our troubles. They have 4 desserts and all contains nuts, but 1 (cheesecake NY style) We expressed our fullness and declined....you would think they would take money off our bill, but nope...I guess it was dessert or nothing.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this place. The atmosphere is dark, it's freezing inside, and the food wasn't great.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

The manager comes around to the table to ask if things are OK. He is very hands on...saw him also helping the staff clean up a spill.