“New Chef? Disappointment.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Magnolia

Cafe Magnolia
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Magnolia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 182 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wesley Dr
Description: Cafe Magnolia is a locally owned and award winning hidden gem. With the quaint dining rooms of this 1901 farm house you are sure to enjoy this unique atmosphere. Deck dining in the summer is a must for the outdoor lovers. Our chefs prepare your selections with care to order. Special dietary needs are not a problem. You'll enjoy a wide range of menu options from the best burgers to delicious Key West scallops and even homemade lasagna. There are plenty of options for everyone even the little ones.
Central PA
“New Chef? Disappointment.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This weekend I returned to the restaurant with a friend, excited to eat my favorite meal, the 3 Cheese Tortellini with spinach and other fresh veggies...but it's no longer on the menu. We ordered their pitas and hummus appetizer and the pitas were very burnt. It was very visible to the naked eye. My friend and I were busy catching up so I never mentioned anything to the woman server who, might I add, was very nice. My petit sirloin meal came finally came out. I ordered it cooked "medium" and it came out pretty well done. In fact, the outside of the sirloin tasted burnt. The potatoes had no flavor with fatty bacon pieces on top and the broccoli tasted like a stick of butter. Once again, I just sucked it up and ate it rather than waiting to have my meal cooked over again. My husband and I have gone to this restaurant many, many times over the years and I don't recall having issues before. I'm not sure if they have a new chef or what but I really doubt that I'll be going here again. Very disappointed. Cafe Magnolia & The Cellar used to be our favorites here on the west shore but I think I'll just stick with The Cellar.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bethm719

Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“Evening out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've been there several times and never have been disappointed. There are alot of selections to choice from and it's a BYOB. The servers are very freindly and attentive, I will definitely be going back.

• Visited August 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect place for Girls to have Lunch!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I love this place! The food is always fresh and tasty! I have lunch here several times a year with a girlfriend and will definitely continue doing so!

Visited December 2012
Pennsylvania
“Our favorite spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I have been to cafe magnolia many times and we just love it. It can get a little pricey and its byow- bring your own wine :). The service is excellent as well as the atmosphere. I would consider it more intimate but also good for a gathering of friends, family and co workers. Very small inside but again it's intimate and food is THE BEST! My fav dish is the coconut chicken. In the summer there is a deck for outdoor seating which is very nice also. Highly recommend!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great decision for date night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I ate at Cafe Magnolia last night for the first time and were very pleased. I was able to make a reservation online and they seated us as soon as we walked in the door. We were seated in the side sun room where there are about 6 tables. There were 4 other tables seated and there was friendly conversation going on, but it was not overwhelming or irritating. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The warm rolls were great and both our meals were lovely. I got the strawberry chicken salad that so many people raved about and it was everything everybody said it would be. I had a hard time deciding because there were so many things I would love to try on the menu. My husband does not eat meat and there were quite a few meatless options for him as well. He had the garden vegetable ravioli with the pesto sauce and it was wonderful and the portion was generous and also came with a salad that you could upgrade if desired. I also loved the fact that it is BYOB so I couold bring my favorite wine! We both cannot wait to come next summer and check out the deck. There is a reason this is #2 on the list of restaurants in Mechanicsburg...well done!!!

• Visited November 2012