“The chef has outdone herself”
Review of Cafe Magnolia

Cafe Magnolia
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Magnolia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 192 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wesley Dr
Description: Cafe Magnolia is a locally owned and award winning hidden gem. With the quaint dining rooms of this 1901 farm house you are sure to enjoy this unique atmosphere. Deck dining in the summer is a must for the outdoor lovers. Our chefs prepare your selections with care to order. Special dietary needs are not a problem. You'll enjoy a wide range of menu options from the best burgers to delicious Key West scallops and even homemade lasagna. There are plenty of options for everyone even the little ones.
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I visit Cafe Magnolia about once a month. It can be a little uneven. But last week it was steller. Several of us at the table ordered the pork special. Everyone was pleased. It was served with mashed potatoes but I opted for the risotto with sausage. What a great pairing. Truely the best meal I ate this year anywhere. Be sure to make reservations-it is not easy to get a seat in this wonderful BYO.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Mediocre at best. We went there a while ago, but I had a fish special - Wasabi Tempura Tuna (I think it was tuna at least... it's been a while). It had neither heat nor flavor like a Wasabi dish should, and was completely disappointing. It wasn't served with any kind of sauce either, which could have turned this into something that was at least palatable. I expressed my concerns to our waitress and she brought out a cup of some Raspberry Chipolte sauce in an effort to give the dish some spice, which was just revolting. It didn't go with the dish and didn't taste very good on its own, either. My husband had steak and while it was perfectly fine, it certainly didn't wow him for the price. Both of our dishes were under-seasoned and lacking flavor. I admit that since we only went once, we could very well have just made bad menu choices, but under-seasoning and no flavor isn't necessarily specific to one dish. We haven't gone back, though, and have no intention of doing so. Since we live in Carlisle, we'd rather make the drive elsewhere.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

This place is new fave! Super cute with deck and amazing uber delious food! Had signature wrap and I'm not one to usually rave about food review but this was super yummy! Will DEFINETLY BE BACK

Reviewed September 10, 2011

We had every age from 1 to 70, and everyone found something on the menu they wanted. The food was fresh, the wait staff accommodating and helpful. We liked the fact that we could bring our own wine and that we weren't rushed. Small restaurant and not much privacy.
Overall a pleasant experience

1  Thank rmd208
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Extremely accommodating staff. All the way from management to servers.
Erika (our server, was not only kind and attentive to our needs, but she was also sweet and caring.
I am overwhelmed by how a "normal" dinner turned out to be a "wow" dinner.
Thank you Erika.
We will visit again... hope to see you there.

1  Thank hoggie52