“Surprized”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Carlisle Pa
“Surprized”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife, a friend of ours and myself had the occasion to dine at Sophia's at Walden for the 1st time last Friday evening. Jo and our friend had the bass encrusted with potato etc and said that it was excellent. I had a haddock dish which for my taste was ever so slightly over done. In my world that's a complement. The grits were done absolutely to perfection as was the 'salsa'. I can't remember what the reference is.
Other reviews mentioned how they were pleased with the service and I must totally agree.
For those who follow or know me, this is a glowing report on a new for us restaurant. We will be returning.

• Visited August 2014

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Consistently Good!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Eat here often. Food and service are consistently good. Particularly enjoy eating on the patio with beautiful flowering planters bordering the dining area. Their Sunday brunches are also very good. Tuesday's cream of mushroom soup is outstanding. Very wide selection of sandwiches, soups and salads. For desert select one of their home made selections - we love the coconut cream tart. Sophia is a hands-on owner and checks on you periodically to make sure your dining experience is going well. Highly recommend the place. Their nearby location in Camp Hill is also very good.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Creative dishes, casual atmosphere”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Sophia's fits somewhere in between "cafe" and "restaurant", and manages to collect the best of both worlds. During the day it's more of a cafe, with counter ordering and self-serve fountain beverages. In the evening (usually around 4-5pm) it converts to table service with a special dinner menu. BYOB is welcome, and during the warmer months the outdoor seating area is great for making new friends.

Food quality has always been very good and usually shows a lot of creativity. Last week I had their basil ice cream with tomato slices and a vinaigrette dressing -- fantastic! Their menu is loaded with more traditional options, but it seems like there's something new to try every few weeks.

Carlisle,
“Ladies do lunch”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had lunch at Sophia's with a friend, and it was lovely. I selected the daily sandwich special, which was a guacamole tuna melt and a cup of soup. My friend got a veggie sandwich and this amazingly delicious pasta salad. We got cookies for desert, and they were so yummy. There are so many sweets in the bakery case, it was hard to decide. I sort wish I could just be completely shameless and just order like 4 deserts for lunch.
The decor and seating is really appealing, and the staff is friendly. Bathroom is clean.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Overall, unremarkable.”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had heard from friends how great this place was, but when we went, we were underwhelmed. The tables are very close together, and if it's busy, it gets noisy. The food is good, but nothing special. Also, the service left something to be desired. We went for brunch. Maybe it's better during other times. Overall, I would go back, but I don't think it lived up to everything we had heard about it.

• Visited April 2014