“better than the Greek Festival”
Review of Hellenic Kouzina

Hellenic Kouzina
Ranked #1 of 192 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are open Tuesday-Saturday serving lunch and dinner. We are closed the following national and Orthodox Christian holidays: New Years Day-January 7 Orthodox Christmas Day-Orthodox Christian Holy Week (varies in early Spring)-July 4-1st Week of August-Week of western Christmas. Please check our Facebook page and or our website for updates. We are a BYOB fast/casual restaurant with an emphasis on freshly prepared to order Greek food. You'll order at a point of sale (POS) and from there make your way to a table indoors/outdoors (depending on season). Staff will then take care of anything else you may need at the table including serving your meals. During peak hours you'll be seated by one of our staff. From there you will be served your meals at the table by one of our staff, they'll refill your drinks accordingly, provide you with your wine glasses and/or frosted beer mugs. There are no fees for bringing your own wine or beer to drink. You may order additional items from any one of our staff working the floor or you are welcome to return to the POS at your leisure to order anything else you would like. Your visit can be as "formal" or "informal" as you would like it to be.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been there numerous times, and have never been disappointed. Even though the wait could be long, it is worth it.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Ate outside last week. What a great experience. Good Greek food, warm August evening, the right volume on the music, twinkling lights-one could almost be in the islands. Service was not up to par.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Excellent food! Bring your own beer/wine. They will provide the glass. Would prefer wait staff, but the attention they give you is great! Order you meal, then pick it up when your pager tells you to. They will bring it to you, if they are. Or too busy, though.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Been passing by this place on my way home ever since it opened, and my wife and I finally stopped in on a recent Saturday for lunch. I personally like the "Panera Bread" type service model for this kind of food, since it's not particularly gourmet.

We both ordered chicken gyros and a shared slice of baklava cheesecake, then sat outside along the front of the restaurant. The courtyard is beautiful, and with the Greek music playing (thank you for sticking to the theme and not playing generic garbage), you can easily forget you're in Mechanicsburg. Looks like they are still doing some work out there as well, so I'm anxious to see it completely finished.

Our buzzer went off in a very reasonable amount of time, though be warned, when it goes off while sitting on a metal table, it scares the crap out of you. Might want to just hold onto it instead, or place it on a napkin. Also, the restaurant wasn't overly busy during our visit, so that should be taken into consideration regarding our wait time.

The food was excellent, well-seasoned and very tasty, though you should stock up some on napkins if ordering a gyro. My wife suggested she'll take the sauce on the side next time, and I'm sure there will be a next time. The cheesecake was wonderful, but with so many great-looking desserts in their case, we'll no doubt try to work our way through most.

It's great to have a place like this in town, that many can actually walk to. Hope it sticks around awhile.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

My best friend and I checked out Hellenic Kouzina for an early dinner. The restaurant is very clean and the staff are friendly. The menu is reasonably priced. We absolutely loved the atmosphere of the outdoor sitting area!!! I highly recommend going in a nice day and sitting outside. It's BYOB which is awesome. I got the spanakopita and tiropita. Both we delicious! Not greasy and perfectly flaky! My best friend got the gyro. I will definitely be getting that next time. It looked amazing.