“Pleasant experience”

T. J. Rockwell's American Grill & Tavern
Ranked #7 of 182 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I had lunch on their deck last week. Seated promptly, served quickly, they were not very crowded. My wife had the lobster roll and wasn't impressed - not a lot of lobster and had a strange seasoning she couldn't place & didn't care for. I had the fish tacos ( and shared one with my wife) and they were very, very good. Breaded, deep fried fish, lots of tomatoes, cheese and lettuce, and a very tasy honey-lime dressing. Washed it down with a citrussy belgian white beer with blueberries .... was entertaining watching the blueberries effervess (sp?) up and down. Reasonable prices, decent food, good service .....

1 Thank KenfromPa

Mechanicsburg, PA
“Where's the chicken???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I keep trying to like this place but it always falls short. We keep going back thinking things may have improved, but that is not the case. The food is just ok. This past weekend will probably be out last time dining at T.J. Rockwell's. We ordered the chicken nachos but they were missing the chicken but for a few small pieces. Plus, the other toppings on the nachos were sparse as well. We had intentions of ordering dinner entrees after finishing the nachos, but since the nachos were so disappointing, we skipped dinner and left. Dining here in the past has been equally disappointing as well.

Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
“Good atmosphere and decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

On Saturday evening, my wife and I went to T.J. Rockwell's in Mechanicsburg. The weather was pleasant, so we decided to eat outside. We were seated promptly and the service was friendly and helpful. My wife and I ordered the Kickin' Crab Chowder and the fish taco special. The crab chowder is very tasty, and while it is a bit pricey, we highly recommend it. The fish tacos were good, as they came in soft taco shells with fresh toppings and were accompanied with the homemade house chips.

While we enjoyed our meal, our dinner did come out rather quickly (only a few minutes after the soup). Additionally, smoking is permitted on the deck, and while it wasn't overly bothersome, it could be if the wind was blowing your direction.

Overall, T.J. Rockwell's is a good, casual place to come for a drink and some American tavern food.

Wrightsville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have been to rockwell's on numerous occasions. The one in E-town is a little better than Dillsburg but not by much. The food just isn't very good. The fish sandwich is really bad as well as the pretzel sandwich. My girlfriend really likes the crab salad and I have tasted it and it was really good. The prices are high for the quality of food. Don't think I'll go back.

Visited May 2012
Gettysburg,PA
“Great food; great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stopped by for a visit and were really pleased with the experience. The service is friendly & attentive, and the food was great. We had two children and were really impressed at how family friendly the restaurant is. The staff and design were balanced to provide a bar buffet for happy hour that never seemed to overwhelm the dining area. Trust me, you will be delighted with the variety of beers on draft. Prices seemed just about right for a casual dining/pub type restaurant. Don't miss the mini-sundaes, priced incredibly low and a delicious finish to your meal.

• Visited June 2012