“Love the atmosphere”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Chambersburg, PA, United States
“Love the atmosphere”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had two appetizers, the shrimp and cheese dip with bread and the House chicken wings. The bread was warm and not too hard, just right. The wings were too crispy, as in overlooked. My husband was very pleased with the open faced prime rib sandwich. It was served with hot and tasty mashed potatoes. My son ordered the twelve inch pepperoni pizza. He enjoyed every last bite of cheesy goodness. Two school aged children could easily share one pizza. The restaurant was comfortable and inviting. We sat in a booth across from the open kitchen. There is a large wine case with glass doors. They also have a nice bar area. The service was friendly. I am sure we will return and try some different choices.

1 Thank Mary H

“Love it!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I randomly chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner last year when we were looking for something new and we so happy with it that it is our go to place now. Relaxed and quiet atmosphere but great food for reasonable prices and you can still catch a game in the bar area if you wanted. We have been back many times and have never ordered the same thing twice because everything is always so good I want to try it all. I will say the Fra Diavolo pasta was tasty but very spicy...beware. It is the perfect place for a quieter dinner but in a casual atmosphere whether you are in the mood for burgers, steak or pasta, they have it all. Oh and great calzones.I don't know if they have a kids menu, I have seen children there on a few occasions, we have not brought ours yet though because they are younger.

“always a good meal”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place always has a good meal and lots of choices. The prices are reasonable The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing...a little bit romantic. They always try to accommodate special requests. But you better have a reservation on the weekend, they get pretty full.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jess D
Gr8day4sun
“Great food in a relaxed yet pleasant environment”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a very relaxing restaurant with very good food. The calamari is awesome, the crab puffs good. The firehouse pasta is a great dish - get the half size though - it is plenty! Ask for bread if you want it - they'll bring it but you have to ask.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I have this restaurant on the top of our "go-to" list - especially when we want a really good meal without having to get dressed up. We like to sit at the bar whenever possible - we find the service at the bar of any restaurant is usually very good and we like to talk with other patrons when they are interested. This is truly the case at Black and Bleu. The bartenders are great - you can tell they genuinely like people and have fun at their job. They really make the atmosphere upbeat. (They make great drinks also, which is always nice!) I've never had a meal that I didn't like there either - most recently I tried the Trout. It was excellent. The salmon salad is as well. The prices are very reasonable for the quality. I definitely recommend trying this place, if you haven't already.