“Pleasant visit - Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Black and Bleu

Black and Bleu
Ranked #2 of 182 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant visit - Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Four of us ate at B & B to celebrate our son's birthday. Wife had the mahi-mahi and said it was good but just a bit dry. DIL had the chicken BBQ pizza and she enjoyed it. Son had the lunch special 1lb of crab legs and said they were very good. I had the lunch ribs special. Ribs were meaty and tender and the meat fell of the bones. Generous portions well prepared. Service was decent. Restaurant was clean. We will go back. BTW they offered a free birthday desert but son has more will power than me. Rumor has it that the lobster Mac & cheese is great. Next time!

Visited September 2013

“One word...Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from this place. Loved everything. It's very popular so there's a wait. But there is a nice bar area with great, friendly and efficeient servers. We were seated 10 minutes earlier than the estimate. Started out with a half portion of Lobster Mac and Cheese and Fried Calamari to share. Both dishes were delicious, prepared with fresh tomatoes and sauce. We ordered Blackened Salmon, Fra Diavlo and the Monster Burger. Everything was prepared with fresh ingredients, served hot and was delicious. Prices were very reasonable for the amount and quality of foid. Highly recommend. A little gem in South Central PA.

Visited August 2013
harrisburg, PA
“Good ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Ate there with the family last night. My kids had been raving that last month they had had the best ribs of their lives - meat that literally fell off the bones onto the plate when you picked each one up - so we had to give it a try. While our ribs were a tougher than that - not one bit fell off to the plate on any of the ribs ordered by the 5 of us - they were still good and there were a lot of them, although not much sauce. The kids agreed that the ribs last month were better. So was it an off night for us or an especially good one last month for them? Meals did not include salad or even rolls which surprised me, but they did come with two good sized sides which included fresh veggies. The waitress was amazing - she remembered all 7 orders, each with different combinations of sides, without writing anything down and was very friendly and accommodating.

• Visited August 2013
“Best Restaurant on the West Shore!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Black and Bleu is a wonderful restaurant with a lot to offer! The atmosphere is awesome, with a lot of cool art work catching your eye. The wait staff members are all very friendly and remember customers who have been there before!! To me, that means a lot. It is a great environment for business professionals or those looking for a casual meal...families, couples, special occasions and even groups! They offer an extensive menu with a lot of choices whether you want pizza, wings, salads, soups, dessert, steaks, fish, etc...they've got it all, and nail it all! I have never ordered a menu item there that I did not thoroughly enjoy and I have tried a lot of their menu items. My personal favorite would be their lobster macaroni and cheese. It is exceptional and made with the most perfect blend of 5 cheese and lobster meat ever!! I would definitely recommend Black and Bleu to anyone looking for a good meal. They even have a chef/cook with a wonderful voice who sang happy birthday to my brother when we went for his birthday dinner!! Keep it up, Donny Brown!!

Visited June 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly affordable options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I recently dined at Black & Bleu for the second time and again came away impressed by the quality of food and value. I was pleasantly surprised to find a number of affordable sandwich options in the $7-10 range. I ordered the blackened chicken melt, which was fantastic, for only $8. All of the people in my party enjoyed their food.

While other restaurants in this location have eventually flamed-out (it's a bit hard to find if you're not looking for the place), I believe Black & Bleu is primed for lasting success. The atmosphere is very pleasant; this is a popular local hangout and has a nice energy. The bar is generally well-populated. The main dining room has an open kitchen that buzzes with activity and appealing aromas. I will definitely be back on my next visit to the Harrisburg area.

• Visited July 2013