“Delicious, Delicious, and Delicious”
Review of Black and Bleu

Black and Bleu
Ranked #2 of 192 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Terrific menu with a lot of variety, generous portions or more conservative portions. I love the short ribs and the Mac and cheese. The blue cheese appetizer is also terrific. My only complaint, I had a reservation for 8 (business dinner) and we only had 7 people there on time. They forced us to wait in the very small bar for 20 min for our colleague. I understand rules but no one was empowered to deviate and we dropped a lot of coin there. We came close to just leaving. Food excellent but frustrating customer service experience, which is the reason I'm giving 4 instead of 5 stars.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The menu has something for everyone. The prices are reasonable and the food is first-rate! Portions are generous, so consider the smaller portions offered. There can be a wait at busy times, so call ahead and make a reservation.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I kept hearing people raving about the Black and Bleu, so we went there recently for dinner. It was a Wednesday evening, and I had made reservations. There was still an approixmately 10 minute wait to be seated. Once we were seated, and I saw the menu, I was sold. It's nice to have two portion sizes to choose from for most items, and the we shared some Sweet Potato Fries and Fluff appetizer. That was interesting and tasty. Service was good, and the experience was enjoyable overall.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have been to Black and Bleu regularly since the restaurant has opened. I am never disappointed. The menu selections are interesting and varied and everything I have had has been delicious. I especially like the salads, such as the Blackened Chicken Cheesesteak Salad and the Southwest Chicken Salad. The pasta dishes are also very good, especially the Fire House Pasta. I also recommend the crab puff appetizer- delicious!As for beverages- the Black and Bleu(Guiness and Blue Moon) is great, as is the Ketel One martini I have had. The service is good and the atmosphere is also very inviting. I recommend the restaurant highly.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

After reading about the Wednesday prime rib special in a local paper, my wife and I visited for the first time. The rib was perfect. The horseradish sauce, fresh asparagus and mashed potatoes were delicious too. I was surprised at how good the food, presentation and service was given how crowded and inexpensive it was. For an incomparable bargain, especially if "all" you have is the rib special without alcohol or side dishes, go Wednesday, and don't be surprised when you see a check for less than $30 for a dinner for 2 that needs a take home box for some of the 14 oz. rib. The downside? We had no reservations, so we waited a half hour in a drafty lobby area, after struggling to find a parking space in a low quality strip mall which has below average road access and visibility. For a smoother experience, pick a night other than Wednesday, and though the meal will be a bit pricey in comparison, it will no doubt be delicious.