“Just a little off!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed July 31, 2012

There was nothing really wrong withthis hotel. We decided to stay one more night on our way home from Virginia. We decided to try using coupon book. The guy honored coupon so that was a win. Hotel was modern and clean but had a weird vibe. Going we stayed at Holiday In the Express Chambersburg and it was much better. Little things like no soap dish, to a broken alarm clock that was 3a hours off and you couldn't fix it. AC Unit right next to bed I mean if you step out of bed the wrong way you hit it.

Breakfast was disappointing. Cold eggs and items not being replenished.

For the coupon price it was fine, if I paid full price I would have felt I didn't get a good deal.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank allycat1105
John H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

We were sorry to hear that your recent stay was not enjoyable. Our hotel has many features not often found in newer hotels such as a library and an underground parking garage as well as a multi story atrium lobby with multiple chandeliers. Most limited service hotels at this level do not host those features, so perhaps that caused the different vibe that you described. You did note several concerning service issues and your comments will be shared with the respective department managers for improvement. We hope you will give us a second try and look forward to serving you if you are in the area again. Thank you for providing us this feedback to us.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I researched this property before I stayed here and the reviews did not live up to the hype. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice, clean facility but most likely one that I will not stay at again. The walls were very thin and I was able to hear every phone conversation throughout the night from the guest in the room next to me. The air conditioner was mounted in the wall about 7 feet off of the floor and kept making random buzzing sounds throughout the night when turned on. Being as tired as I was, it wasn't worth the hassle of requesting to be moved to another room. Not that this is a big issue for me but I was not recognized for my platinum status and didn't feel overly welcomed when checking in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TripC85
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear TripC85,

Thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club member and for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am delighted you found our hotel nice and clean. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with your room accommodation as well as the air conditioner and the poor service you received during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We've stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels all across the U.S. and have been consistently pleased with them. This HIE in Harrisburg was no exception. The hotel was clean, new and modern, with every amenity one could want, from free internet access to 24-hour coffee to well-stocked bathrooms. In addition to a very comfortable bed and nice TV, there was a comfortable sitting area and a refrigerator (unstocked, with room for our own items). The bathroom was spotless and had conditioner as well as shampoo and soaps (so many hotels these days leave out the conditioner!). For breakfast, there were hot items such as cheese omelets and sausage, as well as bagels and muffins, cereals, yogurt and fruit. The hotel is easily accessible from I-81 and has plenty of free parking, as well as an indoor pool and a large exercise room. This came in sharp contrast to the regular Holiday Inns we have stayed at, which are often down-in-the-heels, as well as a Microtel down the street from this hotel, which we heard nothing but horror stories about. It is also nicer than other hotels we have stayed in near Enola. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DCDolcevita
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our team of 10 families stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for a local tournament. We couldn't have been happier. The staff was super accommodating with getting some of the breakfast items out early since we had early start times, the rooms were clean and there is plenty of parking. If I had to choose anything negative to say - it's a little far from stores, restaurants, etc. but that would not keep us from staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I checked out of the Hampton Inn, Camp Hill (not part of Hampton Inn chain) and got a room at Holiday - such a relief and I will be staying here again. Beautiful, clean, handy to food chains. Perfect!

Room Tip: You're safe in this place - a little more expensive but worth every cent!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ron s
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just checked in.  Very quick process.  We came up the back way, thanks to gps, so the hotel seemed like it was is in an odd location because it's buried deep down a road full of in a office buildings.  In reality, it's just off the highway. So beware of gps! Bright side is that it's very quiet.

We have a room with two very plush queen size beds and a pull out coach. Seems well taken care of.  I believe the hotel was pretty full with wedding guests and a girls soccer team but you wouldn't know it. Slept soundly in the quiet.

Pool was teeny tiny (10x10 maybe?) but the kids didn't mind. It is the first hotel where I've ever seen accessible equipment for the pool. Very cool.

Breakfast was standard. Eggs were crazy fluffy and buttery (in a good way).  Could have used more fruit than just bananas but I understand why they don't. Coffee was nice and strong. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank molly2004
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed here after visiting family in the area. The hotel was booked solid because of 3 soft/baseball tournaments in the area. Check-in was no problem, although the front desk clerk looked tired. Well the hotel was crawling with hundreds of 'tween and teenagers, so it's understandable.
Our room was comfortable, although a little smaller than I would have liked. The room was clean, but there was a stale smell in the air. Our bathroom was missing a shower curtain, but the clerk brought one up immediately after we called. the beds weren't the most comfortable, but they did the job for a one-night stay.
My kids begged to get in the pool and we promised they could. I took one look at the pool and regretted that decision. It reaked of chlorine and was the cloudiest pool I'd ever seen in my life. But I'd already promised them they could get in, so I just prayed and scrubbed their skin off back in the room.
The "hot breakfast" was a hot continential breakfast. They have their signature cinnamon rolls and a pancake machine, and other continential breakfast type foods. It was average.
Overall, it was a good stay. The important things that mattered, like being clean and bug-free, were taken care of, so I'd give them another chance when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsburg
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
Best Western Plus Harrisburg Mechanicsburg
Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area
Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!