“Anniversary dinner nightmare”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2016

Our teenaged son chose this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary...last time he gets a vote!

When my husband called for our reservation, he told them we were celebrating our wedding anniversary...he apparently was told it would be noted. We arrived for our reservation at 6:30pm, and were seated very quickly...to an almost empty restaurant. We waited a few minutes, and a waitress appeared to take our drink & dinner orders, all at the same time. And we waited. And we waited. All of a sudden, 8 young high school girls showed up at our table...no adults in sight...to share our anniversary dinner with us (& our teenaged son).

Our drinks appeared, followed by the soup (no flavor) and the salad (again, how do you serve Ranch dressing with no flavor). An hour after we checked in, the chef arrived at our table...only to pay attention to the teenaged girls at the table. He goofed with them, teased them, and once he realized they had eyes for our teenaged son, he included him in the "fun". There was no "hibachi show", no interaction beyond him teasing the teenagers at our table....no recognition of our anniversary as was noted at the reservation.

Again...all secondary to the reason one goes to a restaurant....the food. The soup was bland, the ranch dressing on the salad was bland....the fried rice was good once I added some soy sauce to it. My son ordered steamed white rice, and never received it....one of the teenaged girls received "his portion of fried rice...tell him thank you" was what was said by the chef. I did like the vegetables once I dipped them in the ginger sauce that was provided. I ordered the sesame chicken...and it was completely inedible. It was so salty I couldn't eat past the first bite. Unfortunately, we never saw a server to report this to, until she brought us the check. I took a box home & promptly tossed it in the trash.

So, between the inedible food & the really bad service....and being put at a table with 8 teenaged girls when we specifically said we were celebrating a wedding anniversary...we will NEVER return to this restaurant.

Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

We were there for a family farewell dinner and let me tell you something: This place is pricey and the food was great at all. I ordered the beef filet steak, scallops, and shrimp teriyaki combo with fries rice & salad. All for about $29 but I received only six small pieces of diced steaks---first of all they should not diced my steaks but it dried them out. Only received about six small pieces of shrimps & scallops . The Fried rice was ok---I could have made it myself. Missing a salad. The wife had shrimps tempura and it was mostly breading. Had to ask for water for the wife and no one came back to refill our drinks. The private room fee was $50 and it was dark & cramped. Overall it was a bad experience & I will not waste my money at this place again.

Reviewed August 14, 2016

Our grandson wanted to eat here for his birthday. We were very disappointed in the hibachi and the service. I'm sad to say, we won't be returning.

1  Thank Frances B
Reviewed July 17, 2016

Since me and my entire family are fond of hibachi food we decided to walk in Mikado in-spite of having some bad experience in many other places but in that mikado we like how the server really cares about customers , a young smart server called Sam we knew he is Egyptian ,smiling always and listening with attention to us ,we were impressed as those Asian servers in before are talking to us like robots,so thanks for all Mikado team especially sam you so nice really, we will be happy to see you soon again, we will also write something through Google reviews

Reviewed June 1, 2016

The food is good and the cooks coming out to the table making your food in front of you makes it a special meal

2  Thank 2014CorvetteStingray