“Christmas in a hotel”

Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We traveled with our 11 year old dog to see our daughter and her family, especially the granddaughter. We have stayed at this hotel before and have always had a pleasant experience and this was no exception. While there were not many travelers since we were only there Christmas Eve and Christmas night, everything was the same as any other time we stayed there other than there was no housekeeping service on Christmas Day and there were signs up to advise of that. Again, as always, they were especially nice to our dog who at 11 is not the world's greatest traveler. We will continue to stay there during our family visits.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 21, 2009

The night we stayed it had been snowing all day. My cilleague and I stayed over so we did not have to drive in the snow and we would be close to work the next day. The breakfast usually does not start at the hotel until 6 AM, however, we told the desk clerk we had to leave by 5:15 am to get to work. She made special arragements for us to have the breakfast before we left in the morning. I was truely surprised when I looked out my motel window at 5:00 am and saw that my car had been cleaned off. What a great way to start off my morning. The continental breakfast was great. I recommended this hotel to all of my colleagues. Thanks for the great service.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Other than construction in the area, this is a very good place to stay. Lots of bang for your bucks. Very clean and well kept. And, nice, pleasant stakk.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Rooms were very clean, and nice size. Staff was very friendly, and helpful. Will be using every time I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2009

My husband and I always stay at the hilton or marriott hotels when we travel. however, they wanted over $100 in Mechanicsburg. Then we found this little gem tucked back in the corner. LUCKY US! They have all the goodies one would expect to find at a more expensive hotel. Great breakfast with waffles, new rooms, new lobby, new lcd big tv in the rooms and almost $30 less! The staff was amazing, calling to see if we needed anything always at the desk with a smile etc. When we come boack to this area for xmas, we will def. stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2009

From the moment I arrived to look at a room, I was already staying at another hotel, the woman at the desk couldn't have been any friendlier. I was shown a business room with a microwave, small fridge, and 27 inch flat screen tv., and a nice area with desk for my laptop etc. They matched they're competitors price, and the stay was excellent, even recommending a great little place to eat. I'm working in the area for several months, and don't need to look at any more hotels.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Stayed overnight at the comfort Inn Capital City. The lady at the front desk was very nice; she allowed us to look at the room before we registered. The hotel was VERY clean, we felt safe and comfortable. If you are looking for a moderately priced hotel, i highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends