“Decent hotel, LOUD ACs”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just a 1-night stopover at this hotel. The staff we encountered at the front desk was very friendly and check in was quick and easy. The only issue I had with this hotel was that the AC unit was quite loud. It ran constantly and when the compressor kicked in, it seemed to get even louder with sloshing noise and volume. It wound up waking me up throughout the night, but turning it off would have made the room a little too hot.

Breakfast was a standard "Free" breakfast of scrambled egg balls (the only way I could describe them), ham patty, cereals, waffles, breads/doughnuts, yogurt and juices/coffee. I honestly didn't expect any more for free and is what I've seen at most other hotels offering free breakfasts (I guess bacon is too much to ask for free).

Overall the hotel was a decent stay, quality is what is expected of Hampton Inns, beds were comfortable as was the room (with the exception of the AC). Bathroom was a little small, but designed/laid-out appropriately.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had no trouble checking in - our room was ready, at a comfortable temperature, clean and fresh-smelling. We stayed 2 nights. Breakfast each morning was well-prepared, with great variety, and well-stocked, as well as delicious. Checking out was a snap and we were on our way without delay. We always stay at Hampton Inns and this one was no disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel was very clean, quiet, and over all very nice. But, when I arrived at 1;30am very tired and with a baby the room I had reserved was no longer available! I had to take a room that was really a conference room with an extremely small bedroom off of it. I reserved a room with two queen beds and had to take this weird room with only one bed. Plus I was only offered a very small discount for their mistake!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ManagerLaura, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am terribly sorry about your room type being different than you requested. Our guests' comfort is of the highest importance to us. Please contact me directly to discuss your issue. I can be reached at 717-691-1300. Our goal is always to improve and ensure every guest is 100% happy with there stay.

Laura Goyette

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is excellent in the area of accommodations, cleaniness, food service and security. The doors are locked after a certain time and only accessible with hotel key. The morning meal was hot, variety of choices and cook very well, tasty. The hotel was clean, rooms and linen were fresh. The overall condition of the hotel I would give it an A. The staff makes you feel at home and not a number.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had accidentally put the wrong address for Hampton Inn in my GPS (the one in Harrisburg), but thank goodness it was just a mistake!

The girl at the front desk was very unfriendly and was very rude in telling me I didn't have a reservation. She then proceeded to tell me I had the wrong hotel that I needed the one "across the river."

When I finally made it to the right spot we were greeted with a very warm welcome and had a wonderful stay. Room was very clean and had a nice view of the pool and patio area. Wonderfully full and delicious breakfast selection. We brought our pup and she was welcomed with open arms too :) thanks so much for the great stay!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Had an all-around great experience. Staff very helpful and the hotel had a nice fresh smell! The beds were very comfortable and everything was very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Had an all-around great experience. Staff very helpful and the hotel had a nice fresh smell! The beds were very comfortable and everything was very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

nice hotel, clean, neat and friendly and as long as you are an early riser you won't mind the early morning rap at your door for housekeeping. if not make sure to put the "please do not disturb" sign out on your door. the complimentary breakfast was perfect as well as the gathering room for the guests. We also used the gas grill that was made available to the guests by the pool. overall, this hotel worked well for our group.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends