Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located for my needs. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. If I end up in that area again I this hotel would be on my short list of places to stay.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We enjoyed the coziness and layout of the lobby and seating area. The room and bathroom were a bit small. the quality of the breakfast food was substandard. Eggs were some knid of instant. Meats were low quality. OJ poor, coffee just OK

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife goes to visit our middle daughter and grandchildren about once a month and usually stays here; sometimes, as was the case this month, I come along as well. The hotel is a good location for us and reasonably comfortable. That said, the location of the HVAC units next to the desk is annoying. A previous reviewer commented on freezing while trying to work at the desk; however, in our case it's a matter of having to move furniture in order to get unblocked air circulation. When last I raised the issue in early May hotel personnel contacted me at home and assured me that our profile would be annotated so that we'd be placed in one of the rooms where the HVAC is not blocked. Shortly thereafter my wife stayed at the hotel and was housed in one of those rooms, although I mentioned her impending arrival to my contact earlier in the day. We arrived yesterday and were placed in one of the 'bad' rooms, and when I called the front desk to ask what happened they affected surprise about the problem and said there was no note in our profile (indeed, I got the impression that they weren't quite sure what a profile was). To their credit, however, they relocated us into a suite across the hall which worked well. The staff are very pleasant and clearly try to be accommodating. My only hope is that the corporate memory improves.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The rooms are rather small and the bathroom has just enough room for two people to put their toiletries. The coffemaker is located in the top of the armoire shelf and it is impossible to fill without getting water all over the place. There's no way you can watch TV in the chair at the desk or sofa if you have one the way the TV is positioned on the dresser

Reviewed June 6, 2013

rooms are clean and quiet. Staff did what they could be alleviate the boil all water situation. However, had we been told of the water issue when we booked via honors, we would have chosen another location. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was quickly replenished when needed.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hotel was very clean and comfortable. I choose this hotel because of location to Messiah College and they accept pets. The breakfast was exceptional with hot food and fresh cut fruit! I would stay here again if traveling in the Harrisburg, PA area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ManagerLaura, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are so happy that you chose our hotel for your recent visit to Messiah College. We do our best to exceed guest expectations at our hotel so we can make trips like yours as easy and stress free as possible. We look forward to your return when visiting Messiah & Harrisburg area!

Laura Goyette
Genral Manager

Reviewed May 24, 2013

it was an ok stay but had better experiences. the sleeping conditions were terrible the pillows were way to soft for my liking and all night there were doors slamming there needs to be thicker walls or quieter doors it was just plain out terrible trying to get some sleep with doors sleeping all night. i didnt see a hotel staff member my entire stay really and i was there for 3 days.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback. I am terribly sorry about your experience with us. Our guests' comfort is of the highest importance to us. Please contact me directly to discuss the challenges you experienced. I can be reached at 717-691-1300. Our goal is always to improve and ensure every guest is happy.

Laura Goyette

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area
Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West
Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!