Because of a good experience I had last year, I chose this hotel for a business trip. It didn't matter that it was 10 miles away from where I needed to be, it is worth it. The whole hotel is upscale, clean and modern with calming details throughout. The lobby is gorgeous with tons of seating for their amazing free breakfast. They also tend to set out snacks in the afternoons and evenings such as cookies, cakes and there was even a pot of barbecued pork one night. The computers are also in the lobby and very accessible if you don't have a laptop and need to check email. The rooms are very nice and cozy. The bathrooms are smaller but they have large mirrors and granite countertops to make it feel very nice. The room also has a widescreen tv, wardrobe, microwave and refrigerator. The only downside would be that there are only a couple of places to eat within 5 minutes of the hotel and that includes McDonalds and the deli right next door. But if you use google maps you can find a lot of restaurants and fast food places within ten minutes. The front desk staff is amazing, though and is eager to help in any way. Due to bad timing, I needed to extend my checkout time from the norm. They were gracious enough to extend it to 3pm without any hassle. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who needs to stay in the Mechanicsburg area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatever brings you to Harrisburg, PA, you’ll get a warm welcome, comfortable accommodation and a whole range of amenities for a great rate at the Hampton Inn® Harrisburg – West/ Mechanicsburg hotel. . Located right off the PA Turnpike, I-76, just 16 minutes from the state capital, Harrisburg, PA, this hotel puts you in easy reach of local shopping, businesses and dining. Only a 25 minute drive from the rollercoasters at Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World, and 15 minutes from the slopes of Ski Roundtop, there’s plenty to keep everyone happy at this Mechanicsburg hotel. Settle in to your comfy guest room and relax with the kids in front of your HDTV while enjoying some snack from the Sweet Shop. We have complementary DVD players at the front desk, so bring along one of your favorite movies. Surf the web with free high-speed WiFi and catch up on some work at the desk. Set up your laptop on the handy lap desk and work while stretched out on the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. The in-room microwave and refrigerator means it is no trouble to fix a snack whenever you’re feeling hungry. If you’re here with the family, or just looking for a little bit of extra space, then step-up to one of our Suites which feature a plush sofa bed. Start every morning in style at this hotel near Ski Roundtop when you sit down to Hampton’s free hot breakfast buffet and waffle bar. Don’t worry if you are in a rush to get going, just grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday, and a drink from our 24-hour coffee and tea bar. After a busy day, tie up any loose ends in the business center or head to the cardio fitness center for a head clearing workout. In the summer, make the most of the warm weather and swim some laps in the seasonal outdoor pool. If you are looking for a venue for your Harrisburg meeting or celebration then this hotel offers a range of flexible event space for up to 80 people. Let our friendly, professional team help make sure that your event runs without a hitch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Hampton Inn Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Hampton Inn