Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area
GreenLeadersBronze level
Louisville, United States
“Business trip”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

First time I have stayed at a Homewood location. I liked it so much I will try to find one in every city I travel. Rooms very nice with lots of space, work out area was great with plenty of room. For the price it is one of the best deals available. Food was fresh and area was very clean no complaints. Much better than a basic hotel room could have stay there for several days without any problem. I liked it so much I told my wife we should look into staying at Homewood’s while on vacation rather than paying the high priced resorts and us the extra money to do the things we like.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HARHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for writing such a glowing review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to know that we have "won you over" to a Homewood Suites Hotel customer for both business and vacation travel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The only complaint was the bed in Room 112. Too uncomfortable and lumpy. The pillows were too soft. The rooms and the appliances were convenient. The complimentary breakfast was average the rooms smelled nice. And the rooms were quite.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to post a review. Please accept our apology for the quality of the mattress in suite 112. Should this ever occur again, please allow us the opportunity to move you to another suite. Also, we would welcome any suggestions as to how we could improve breakfast. Your comments are vital to our success!
Valley Forge, United States
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were thrilled with our stay at Homewood Suites in Harrisburg. Not only was our suite spacious, but truly comfortable for our large family. The kids can't wait to stay at this hotel again. The room cost more than we are used to, but it was so nice to be able to stay in one "room" instead of having to rent 2 rooms as many hotels require for our crew. Also, as a person with severe food allergies I was happy that I could cook my own food in-room and the staff at breakfast helped me find a few foods that were safe for me to eat.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HARHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We appreciate you choosing our hotel and are thrilled that our suites worked out perfectly for your family. Customer service is a top priority and it sounds like our employees delivered great service. We hope to see you back for a summer vacation?
Claymont, Delaware
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed for two nights at this hotel and the stay was really nice. Had 2 double beds in a 1BR suite. The bedroom and the living area as well as the bathroom were both very clean. I wanted this type of hotel because I wanted to be able to prepare my own food but actually just ended up bringing already prepared food but loved the fact that there was a full sized refrigerator and a kitchen sink and dishes from which to eat.

The staff were very very nice. I was looking for a soda machine room in the hallway after just checking in and one of the staff asked if I needed assistance. He then explained that they only had a little store located at the front desk. After telling me where the store was located he offered to go and get my sodas and to charge them to my room. Now that's service!!

After dinner, I get a phone call from the front desk asking if everything was satisfactory. I then went out for a little while and when I returned I stopped at the front desk and was greeted by my name. How many places do this? I will definitely stay there again when I go back to that area.

1 Thank Nayewilson
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on TripAdvisor! We take great pride in our hotel, services and staff and are thrilled when our guests take notice. We strive to exceed your expectations!
Charleston, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We prefer to stay at this hotel because of the 2 separate room suite, full size refrigerator, and sinks outside of the shower/toilet area. These options work well for a family traveling and needing a place to spread out and get comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing our hotel. You are absolutely correct in stating that our suites are perfect for family travel! It is wonderful that everyone can have "their own space"! We hope to see you again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We spent new years eve at Homewood Suites with the sweetheart package. This was a jacuzzi suite with fireplace and king bed. Also included a bottle of wine, two wine glasses, $10 gift card to a local restaurant, and hot breakfast. It was great value, the room was clean, customer service was excellent. We are going back for valentines day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for "ringing in the New Year" at the Homewood Suites. We also want to express our appreciation for taking the time to post your comments. Looking forward to seeing you on Valentine's Day.
Annapolis, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Staff was great. Suite had fireplace and kitchen. With complementary hot dinner and breakfast this place is a winner. The fact they allow pets ($50 fee) in such a nice hotel is unusual but welcomed. Proximity to Ski Roundtop was what drew us there. Perfect!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your ski trip! We are also happy that you could bring your pet for an entire family vacation!

We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsburg
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area
Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area? Share your experiences!