“LOVE AND HAPPINESS”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I loved my stay and was happy I choose it. The suite was perfect. Full kitchen. Living/Dining area. Separate bedroom. Vanity area/Bathroom. Warm breakfast, good coffee, host was very friendly. Room was very clean. Most pet friendly hotels are just that but this was perfect for me and my mini poodles, they were even happy their. Great choice. Glad I choose them.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. I felt so comfortable and relaxed. I'd stay again and again.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DEZI1010
HARHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites - Harrisburg West for your accommodations. We would also appreciate you taking the time to write a review! We take great pride in our hotel, with an ultimate goal of exceeding your expectations. If your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you will choose us again (and bring your dogs!).

Thanks again

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one night after having stayed at another (I believe new) Homewood Suites in a different state -- I am mentioning this because I believe it played a big part in my review. This hotel is older and the furniture and decorations in the rooms show it. I had to walk through what I assume was a smoking section (because the hallway smelled strongly of smoke) to get to my non-smoking room. Once in my room the smell was fine but I didn't appreciate the walk down the smoky hallway. The room was OK. My biggest complaint was how dirty the binder of information was. Normally, I wouldn't even touch the thing but it had been left open as part of the display, and the pages it was open to had food stuck all over it (gross!!). Not sure how the housekeeper could have missed that since I'm assuming they are the ones that have to open the books up and leave them for the next guest. The bathroom was a little strange, pink floors but not terrible. Breakfast was OK. This would be a good place if you were looking for a decently priced hotel stay with a large room and kitchen (family travel maybe). Overall, I'd probably make the drive to Harrisburg next time and stay in a hotel there. This hotel is not bad but it's not great either.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
HARHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

I appreciate you choosing our hotel and, more importantly, sharing your honest comments. We take great pride in our hotel, staff and services, with an ultimate goal of exceeding your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for a disappointing and less than stellar stay. If you could kindly call me directly, I would be most anxious to discuss this further and rectify the situation. Again, your comments and satisfaction are key to our success.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Great for business traveler and families. This is 4th stay and I really like it. Full kitchen, they server a great full breakfast and dinner. Rooms are quiet and clean. Great facilities with everything you need. Friendly staff...can't ask for more.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ducknc
HARHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites for your recent trip to Mechanicsburg. Also, a huge thank you for taking the time to express your comments on Trip Advisor. We take great pride in our property and are thrilled to see great comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed here on Christmas for one night. I received a free ornament and holiday card at check-in -- that was a nice touch. The hotel only has two floors and there is a lounge area on the second floor with a pool table and some tables set up for checkers or chess. We overslept and missed breakfast so I can't comment on how it was. Our room was spacious and there was still room to move around once the sofa bed was out. The only drawback was that the bathroom was inside the bedroom so that was a bit of a hassle if you want some privacy. There also weren't a lot of places to eat nearby but we did order Chinese food from a place advertised in their info book in the room and it was really good. There were plenty of restaurants within a short driving distance but we were limited in options because it was Christmas. I'd definitely stay there again if/when we come back to Harrisburg.

• Stayed: December 2011
HARHW, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites. We are delighted that you spent Christmas with us! I hope that you get the opportunity to experience our breakfast (we just added Homemade Waffles) on a return trip. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate it!

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I am very picky about where I stay, it must be clean above all else. This hotel was absolutely wonderful. I cannot say one bad thing about my stay here. The hotel was spotless! I just stayed in December and it was beautifully decorated for the holidays. I had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect and allowed for privacy between me and the rest of my family. One bedroom ahd a very comfortable king size bed with a full bathroom and the other bedroom had two full size beds with a full bathroom. The suite also had a full kitchen and small living room. The suite had 3 tvs, one in each bedroom and one in the living room. The suite was very clean and beds very comfortable. This hotel also offers rooms with a fireplace, I would have loved to have had one in our room, it would have made our cozy suite that much better. Breakfast is included with your stay and it was much better than the normal continental type breakfast most hotels offer. It had fresh eggs, sausage and many other great items to choose from. During the week they also serve dinner which is included with your stay, I did not participate in dinner but what a nice thing to have. Thanks for a wonderful stay! The staff was very accomodating and friendly! This was also a pet friendly hotel for those that may be traveling with furry family members. I did not have mine with me but this was also a very nice feature of the hotel. Another family member traveling with me is not a pet lover at all and very sensitive to pet dander and smells and they could not get over how clean the hotel was and you could not tell pets were even allowed. If ever in the Harrisburg area again I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank chelle695
HARHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2011

Thank you so much for your detailed review! We take great pride in our property and amenities and are thrilled when guests take the time to post such glowing remarks. We certainly try to train all employees to exceed your expectations! Your comments will be read to the staff and we certainly hope to accommodate you in the future, as our area has much to offer!

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Having to make an unexpected overnight sttop, my niece and I chose to stay at the Homewood Suites. This was my first experience with this hotel brand, although my husband and I have stayed at Hiltons before. I was unprepared for the size of the suite. It would have been great to have had a place like this in Paris or other overseas locations we have visited, especially at the price. I almost wish we had had to stay for several nights. A nice size kitchen and living area with everything needed but the food! The bed had a firm mattress. 2 televisions, free wifi and breakfast. Only downside was a group of what I think were college students who were noisy in the evening when passing through the hallway in groups, but the door slamming and noise settled down by about 10:30. There were stains on the top of the spread. Other than these 2 minor items, it was wonderful. The front desk person was very friendly and welcoming. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
HARHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites - Harrisburg West for your unexpected trip! Also, a huge thank you for taking the time to express your comments on Trip Advisor! We hope if your travels bring you back to our area, you will stay with us again (or just plan a weekend getaway!).

We appreciate your business and as soon as they open a Homewood Suites in Paris, I am applying for a transfer! haha

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Our water polo team has been staying in this hotel for years. Once again, the entire staff made our stay with 20 athletes, their coaches and families a very special event. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is very convenient to the highway but quiet. We were able to use the lobby for our lunch buffet and an evening of relaxation after a stressful day. Every detail of the stay was covered well by Nicole and the front desk could not have been more friendly and helpful getting us settled into the hotel. The entire staff was courteous and efficient.
We will plan our next years trip to include this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
HARHW, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

We appreciate the Water Polo team staying with us every year! We take great pride in our property, amenities and our staff! Our goal is to exceed your expectations. I will pass your comments to Nicole, she handles all our groups beautifully. Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor.

See you next year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsburg
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West
Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area
Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area? Share your experiences!