Wife wanted an outdoor pool for our summer stay, as we were in town for the Corvettes @ Carlisle fairgrounds and this is the only one I could find that offered one in the area. This is also our first stay at a Homewood Suites, and we were very impressed. Walking down the long straight hallway with light music playing reminded me of walking down the hallway of a cruise ship! This hotel was much closer than the other Harrisburg hotels (15 minutes to the fairgrounds) that we've stayed at in the past, plus on the side of the building, they offer you the use of their water and hose for car washing (specifically for the show). As a Hilton Honors member, I was able to check in 36 hours in advance and chose my suite location. The dinner options offered Monday thru Thursday night is posted on a monthly calander on the fridge, and offers a cookout once a week, and includes soda amongst the free beer and wine. The free morning breakfast is similar to what's offered at their sister property (Hampton Inn) with two changing hot choices every morning amongst, toast, bagels, juices and coffee's. The suite was very inviting as the kitchen was well stocked, the living room comfortable and large with a fireplace and large flat screen tv. A set of solid french doors seperated the living room from the large bedroom that offered a king size bed, ceiling fan, large flat screen and seperate toilet/shower from the sink closet area. The outdoor pool was very inviting as the water temperture must've been in the 80's, which made for easy entry but was still inviting. Scant selection of chairs around the pool deck, as the surround is very small. Basketball court also in the courtyard along with benchs for quiet moments. The hotel is in a business park, but very quiet. Front desk offers a list and map of restaurants in the area.
Will definately stay here again, and look forward to our 2012 stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all-suite, extended stay hotel is only seven miles from downtown Harrisburg, PA with easy access to the Pennsylvania Turnpike I-76. Enjoy being only 15 minutes from Harrisburg Amtrak and 25 minutes from Harrisburg International (MDT) Airport. Choose a one-bedroom, or two-bedroom, suite with sofa bed for extra sleeping space. Or, upgrade to a suite with a cozy fireplace or relaxing whirlpool tub for an extra calming stay. Our suites also include full kitchens (with a twin-burner stove, microwave oven, coffeemaker, dishwasher and dining table). Each suite also comes with two LCD TVs. Guests who stay at our hotel enjoy our complimentary WiFi, free, full breakfast, business center, 24-Hr Pavilion Pantry Market, complimentary beverage area, basketball court, Pro-Core Certified Fitness Center, outdoor swimming pool and billiards table.Traveling for business? Join us Monday- Thursday evening for our evening socials, beer and wine are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Homewood Suites Mechanicsburg
- Homewood Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Homewood Suites