Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Martville
“Great Value”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was one of the nicest places we have stayed at in the area. We travel to visit family in Virginia and Mechanicsburg or Carlisle is about the half way point so we usually stop overnight. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Penny T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Maryland
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nothing bad to say. The place was clean the rooms were big. We will stay here again. I had never tried this brand before. I hope they all are this nice We had a couch which is great when you have time to relax in the room. The staff was good & again the rooms were clean & that is #1 for me in a hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jimloves2travel
PA
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have stayed here often when traveling for work. The rooms are always clean, the price is reasonable, the breakfast offered is good as well. My only issue is that they sometimes forget to take the tax off my bill since I work for a non-profit and they often ask for the documentation even though they have it on file. However, they usually "fix" it quickly once I bring it to their attention.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kb4fun
Northern NJ
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My only two issues with this place was (1) the location...it back up onto a high way, and (2) the width of the bath tub (I thought I was going to slip as I took a shower). Customer service was pretty good both late at night (I checked in at 1am) and during mid-day (I checked out around 11:30am). Room was sizeable and clean; bed very comfortable; sheets crisp; and bathroom nicely renovated. I will definitely be back since the hotel is conveniently located to a number of different attractions in he area, e.g. Harrisburg, Hersey, and it's 30 miles from Gettysburg if you can't get a room there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the highway side are slightly noisy. Windows don't open, but maybe that was good becaus...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Finger Lakes, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My family stayed here for 3 nights while visiting hershey attractions. We chose the hotel because it was fairly close to where we wanted and the reviews were great. It also had everything we needed to keep our boys busy. Unfortunately.. the heated indoor pool was not heated. Ice cold.. so we couldn't use. A major bummer seeing that was a big deal in our decision to stay there. The free breakfast was great and the girl working it was awesome. Kept everything stocked and very friendly. The hotel was very easy to get to.. despite what other reviews said. Would stay again.. if they fix the pool heat!

• Stayed October 2013