Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Reviewed March 19, 2013

1  Thank SKINNY#10
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Signage to find the property at the main road did not exist. My GPS told me that I had arrived at my destination, but I couldn't see the hotel nor could I find signs. I ended up driving on and having to come back. The second time I drove down the service road and finally found the place. My room faced the expressway and the noise from the truck traffic on the road was annoying. The drapes on the window was just a sheer, so I could not keep out ambient light and noise.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My daughter is started Messiah College this year, and we were looking for a nice hotel to be our "home away from home", knowing that she will be at the college for four years. I had not really heard of the Wingate, and I do lot of traveling, and I normally stay in brands that are more well known. The college had a list of preferred hotels, and I picked this one. Our room was very comfortable and spotless. As I travel a lot, I notice things, and this hotel was as clean if not cleaner than some 5 star hotels that I've stayed in. The staff was WONDERFUL, from the front desk, the breakfast folks, and the housekeepers. They were friendly, and made my family feel at home. I knew that they would do anything for me. The hot buffet breakfast was delicious, and everyone in my family was able to find something to eat, including waffles. We were only 5 minutes from the college, which was a plus. We found out that Hershey Park was just a few minutes away, as well as Gettysburg National Park. Look's like we'll be coming here for 4 fours, and I think we've found a ery nice place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RonaldMyrtleBeach
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel was very clean the staff was very professional and kind. The free breakfast was about what you get nothing great but it was hot and free....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple