While I enjoyed my stay and felt the hotel is clean and staff professional, I do think it would serve your hotel well to do something about the traffic noise for guests staying on that side of the hotel. I asked to have my profile updated to indicate ALWAYS having a room on the non-highway side. I don't regard myself as a light sleeper, but had a challenging time sleeping with the trucks. My 18 year old son thought the same. The "constant fan" button did not work on the A/C unit; I was hoping to use the fan to drown out the traffic. It is my understanding that another hotel nearby, and also on the highway, installed special windows. Another idea is to have "white noise" players for guests to borrow at the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Hershey, Harrisburg and Gettysburg, Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg is the perfect hotel for your corporate and travel needs. Complimentary breakfast is served daily. Guests love our indoor heated pool, fitness center and free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Mechanicsburg Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Wingate Hotel Mechanicsburg