“Great hotel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stephanie and her staff went out of their way for myself, my husband & my brother, sister-in-law and nephew. We were greeted with such a warm welcome, and no matter how many times I walked past the front desk, someone always said hello. I know this hotel is owned by the same company as the Holiday Inn Express, so I knew that it would be a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were happy with the customer service from the staff. I have to agree with the other reviews, the rooms are very small but clean. If you plan on using the continental breakfast, be certain arrive early. As it is cleaned up at 10am SHARP with exceptions.

Our biggest complaint was that we booked a non-smoking room with a queen size bed. No the be is NOT a queen size bed. Makes me wonder what a king size looks like. We were not able to upgrade as the hotel was packed this weekend.

Room Tip: Don't plan on sleeping in the housekeepers are making a racket in the halls by 9am! ALWAYS book...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Pleasantly surprised at this hotel. didn't expect much, just needed a one-night stay for a funeral in Meadville. It was very clean--always a must for me. The rooms are a little small but we had 4 people. The only issue was I thought booked a room with 2 queen size--my mistake--they were definitely double beds! It was also quiet which I worried about since the hotel is so close to Applebee's and right off I-79.

The continental breakfast was fine. Someone mentioned it being awkward that they had to stand in the lobby to eat. Well, there is a seating area past the elevators that I think they must have missed. There was plenty to choose from--yogurt, cereal/milk, juice, toast, bagels, mini muffins, apples/oranges, coffee/tea/cocoa. Any breakfast at their affordable room rates is appreciated!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here just for one night after about 8 hours of driving (including about 4 hours of driving through a crazy snowstorm in Virginia). Being tired and sleepy, we stopped at this location and did the right thing. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The room we were given (# 120) was small but impeccably clean. What do you need after a long drive? A shower. I think this hotel needs a new slogan - something like this: "You like to be under pressure? Take a shower here!"... :-)
Water pressure in the shower is excellent and makes you feel ready for new adventures.

A great place to stay if you are on the road tired and need a place to stay for 1 night. Oh, almost forgot... The price was only $ 59.00, which only adds to pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We were in Meadville for a high school wrestling tourney and were flying out of PIttsburgh the following day, so we needed a place to crash for the evening since Meadville was on our way.

The first thing anyone staying at the Econo Lodge needs to know is to look for the Applebees! The Econo Lodge is next door, but outside markings are VERY difficult to see. We were checking in after dark and had a tough time seeing it.

Check-in was quick and easy. The hotel lobby and halls were clean. The room was small. I mean SMALL! Without a doubt, this was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. But... the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was also clean, and the shower was fantastic. Good water pressure in the shower can make up for a few other shortcomings in my book.

My girlfriend loved the fresh popped popcorn in the lobby, and the continental breakfast was fine.

With a small room and no in-house restaurant or other services, this hotel is best for a quick overnight stay, and it served it's purpose quite nicely.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2011

When I checked the rates, this Econo Lodge was 1/2 the price of the top two hotels in Meadville. After applying a senior citizen discount, it was almost 60% cheaper. Would staying at the more expensive brands for one night be worth around $75? After staying at this Econo Lodge, I can confidently say, "no."

Yes, this is strictly budget in looks and feel. (See photos.) But the attitude is friendly and open, and the rooms are impeccably clean and neat.

The check-in couldn't be more "down-home howdy." The details were right, the room assignment in an "accessible" first-floor room was fine, and a special note was made of my individual reservation request of a late check-out.

The first impression of the room was spartan, mostly because of the nondirected wall flourescent fixtures. If they would upgrade the lighting to something with a slight more style, this room would come across much better. As the pictures show, you have "one of everything" as you used to say about a general store on the corner. It has the refrig, the micro, the alarm clock, the ironing board, the iron, the bath amenities and surprise, lots of towels in a two double-bed room. I have put up with less in far more expensive places.

The room was in fine shape, with the exception of the older TV which should be replaced. After mentioning this, the front desk said an LCD upgrade was anticipated soon. But I was not in Meadville to watch TV, so it was of no bother. The wireless "high-speed" internet was what today could be described as modest speed, but it did the job well of downloading emails and a bit of web surfing.

What really made this a special stay, worthy of five bullets, is the staff. They are real people who like their jobs and are concerned about the guest's experience. No "uhs" and "umms" and "huhs" from these people. They look you in the eye, smile and are sincere. I would rather stay at a hotel where I know I am a welcomed and valuable guest.

The modest free breakfast was oatmeal, cold cereals, fruits, yogurt, breads including bagels, and juices. It was enough to give me a great start on the day.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2011

All we needed was a bed to fall asleep in for one night. Bed was comfortable, room and bathroom were spotless, front staff was very friendly and welcoming. Would stay there again, and the price can't be beat.

• Stayed: September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
Hampton Inn Meadville
The Seasons Inn at Nick's Place
Quality Inn Meadville
Quality Inn Meadville
#3 of 5 in Meadville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!