Econo Lodge
$105
$95
QualityInn
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrooms are smallroom was cleangranola barsparking lotcontinental breakfastone night staygas stationroom ratewould stay here againroom keyoff the highwayfamily reunionoatmealstephaniepopcornlobbyhallway
Reviewed December 24, 2011

When I checked the rates, this Econo Lodge was 1/2 the price of the top two hotels in Meadville. After applying a senior citizen discount, it was almost 60% cheaper. Would staying at the more expensive brands for one night be worth around $75? After staying at this Econo Lodge, I can confidently say, "no."

Yes, this is strictly budget in looks and feel. (See photos.) But the attitude is friendly and open, and the rooms are impeccably clean and neat.

The check-in couldn't be more "down-home howdy." The details were right, the room assignment in an "accessible" first-floor room was fine, and a special note was made of my individual reservation request of a late check-out.

The first impression of the room was spartan, mostly because of the nondirected wall flourescent fixtures. If they would upgrade the lighting to something with a slight more style, this room would come across much better. As the pictures show, you have "one of everything" as you used to say about a general store on the corner. It has the refrig, the micro, the alarm clock, the ironing board, the iron, the bath amenities and surprise, lots of towels in a two double-bed room. I have put up with less in far more expensive places.

The room was in fine shape, with the exception of the older TV which should be replaced. After mentioning this, the front desk said an LCD upgrade was anticipated soon. But I was not in Meadville to watch TV, so it was of no bother. The wireless "high-speed" internet was what today could be described as modest speed, but it did the job well of downloading emails and a bit of web surfing.

What really made this a special stay, worthy of five bullets, is the staff. They are real people who like their jobs and are concerned about the guest's experience. No "uhs" and "umms" and "huhs" from these people. They look you in the eye, smile and are sincere. I would rather stay at a hotel where I know I am a welcomed and valuable guest.

The modest free breakfast was oatmeal, cold cereals, fruits, yogurt, breads including bagels, and juices. It was enough to give me a great start on the day.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2011

All we needed was a bed to fall asleep in for one night. Bed was comfortable, room and bathroom were spotless, front staff was very friendly and welcoming. Would stay there again, and the price can't be beat.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I travel for work and was looking for a cheap place to stay....we pay and get reimbursed later, so I try to find a good deal. I'm not super picky about rooms, because all I need is a shower and a bed....but I am picky about clean bathrooms. I stayed at an Econo Lodge earlier in my trip and refused to step foot in the shower, the staff was not quick or helpful, and it was not the cleanest joint, so I was nervous about staying in this one....but I also refuse to pay over a $100 for a place to sleep....so into Econo Lodge (Meadville) I came. I was very pleasantly surprised at how clean and tidy the room was, and it even smelled fresh, no musty or with some chemical smell. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family recently decided to stay here on our way up to Canada. We based our decision on the previous reviews on trip advisor. I agree with the comments made from past guests. The staff was very friendly upon arrival and the room was clean and spacious enough for my husband and two children. Wifi was also available. There is an Applebees next door that we walked too but also plenty of other options around. There is a small continental breakfast available in the morning with pastries, fruit, cereal and bagels. I feel this hotel is a great value overall.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My daughter and I were up visiting Meadville for the Trustee Scholarship weekend at Allegheny College. All we needed was just a place to crash for one night and this was PERFECT! It was close enough to the college (about ten minutes tops), close to gas and restaurants right off the Interstate, and all for the right price. If I'm staying somewhere just to sleep overnight, I'm not going to do a military inspection on the place like another reviewer obviously did, but at the same time I'm going to note if it's clean or not and this place was very clean. There was no mold, no mildew anywhere (especially bathroom), it was fresh, clean, bright (in lighting and windows when they were open), as well as spacious enough for the two of us with two beds. The bath was roomy and quite clean as someone said, no dirty gout! It was a nice place with the perfect price to accomodate us for the night. For those claiming intensive things noted, perhaps they're obsessive/compulsive types and would have a problem anywhere, because this Econo Lodge had no issues. My daughter will be going to school here in fall 2011 and for the next 4 years I know where I'll be getting a room when I'm up there visiting, and this is the place! All I need is a home away from home for the night or two I'm visiting and this will be it for us! :o)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family