“PERFECT FOR US!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“PERFECT FOR US!”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My daughter and I were up visiting Meadville for the Trustee Scholarship weekend at Allegheny College. All we needed was just a place to crash for one night and this was PERFECT! It was close enough to the college (about ten minutes tops), close to gas and restaurants right off the Interstate, and all for the right price. If I'm staying somewhere just to sleep overnight, I'm not going to do a military inspection on the place like another reviewer obviously did, but at the same time I'm going to note if it's clean or not and this place was very clean. There was no mold, no mildew anywhere (especially bathroom), it was fresh, clean, bright (in lighting and windows when they were open), as well as spacious enough for the two of us with two beds. The bath was roomy and quite clean as someone said, no dirty gout! It was a nice place with the perfect price to accomodate us for the night. For those claiming intensive things noted, perhaps they're obsessive/compulsive types and would have a problem anywhere, because this Econo Lodge had no issues. My daughter will be going to school here in fall 2011 and for the next 4 years I know where I'll be getting a room when I'm up there visiting, and this is the place! All I need is a home away from home for the night or two I'm visiting and this will be it for us! :o)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pttsbrgher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hudson, NY
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This motel charged me a $100 deposit which is more than the cost of the room because I was considered a cash paying customer. If you are paying cash, be aware of this.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Donald C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Sorry, but I cannot agree totally with those who wrote comments before me. I found the Americas Best Value to be old with several rooms remodeled. (I think it might have once been another chain motel and they bought it.) Rooms were clean but outdated in the sense that the plaster was swirled, shiney paint, smallish, etc. The "breakfast" bar consisted of bagles, maybe a pastry...but cannot remember, juice, coffee. There was no lobby, no breakfast area, nothing but a narrow place where the front desk AND the few breakfast foods were located. Man at desk was nice. Location great for getting on and off main highway. More for a one night stay in a pinch! Will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My daughter attends Edinboro U and this place is half the price of those in Edinboro and only about 20 minutes away. Lobby popcorn is nice, breakfast is as other guest have said. My teens liked the hot chocolate and water bottles to hit the road with. Cracker Barrel across the street and Applebees next door. We went to Dairy Queen down the street for a late night treat. Rooms are clean but small. Wi-Fi works good. They do offer smoking rooms on the second floor if you ask. They are changing over to another name, so you have to call for reservations at this point since they are no longer on line until the change takes place. I hope the prices remain after the name change!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dayton
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I've stayed at a couple of America's Best Value Inns, and based on the experiences I had with those, I almost passed this one up. But, one of the other area motels looked less than desirable, and the others I tried had no vacancies. Too tired to drive much longer, I decided to take a chance and see if there were any rooms in this motel.

Only one room existed: a smoking room with one queen bed. That wouldn't do... I could handle the smoking part, but I wasn't about to share a bed with my cousin, with whom I was traveling. I started to leave, but the front desk agent quickly offered me a rollaway bed. The price was right, I was too tired to argue, and I accepted the deal.

Not expecting too much when I entered my room, I was quickly impressed with the room's cleanliness. It was, as other reviewers have said, immaculate. Even the grout in the bathroom was clean, and I've stayed at plenty of decent hotels that couldn't even claim that.

When the staff brought up the rollaway bed, however, I was concerned as to exactly where the bed would fit. Although clean, the room was very small -- barely enough room for the existing bed, nightstand, and desk/dresser combination. Some creativity was all that was needed, and the rollaway ended up fitting nicely between the door to the corridor and the bathroom. An even bigger surprise is just how comfortable that rollaway bed was... I slept like a baby all night, and was refreshed when I got up in the morning.

As other reviewers have indicated, the location is perfect: food, gas, shopping and the interstate all within an easy walk or very, very short drive (less than a minute).

Not sure I'll be back through Meadville any time soon, but if I find myself there again, I'd definitely choose the ABV.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Hotel is small, room was small and clean, except for a filthy shower head (black with dirt...it was originally white...). The staff was very nice about it though, and offered to change our room right away.
FYI, the hotel is all non-smoking, but there is a mild old-smoke smell lingering from years ago,
Don't expect Breakfast.. I'm not usually one for Continental Breakfast anyway, but they just offer bagels, apples, orange juice and lukewarm hot water for tea/coffee. There are, however places to get breakfast just down the road.
Overall, the place is no upscale or luxury hotel, but it was a good price with great staff, and suffcient for our purpose (place to stay while shopping in Erie and Grove City).
I would go there again. It lives up to it's name...best value.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
EastSide
Reviewed February 10, 2010

In town for the week for a funeral. We found the accomodations to be very clean, comfortable and nice. The beds & pillows are soft and comfortable - most hotel beds are hard and you can't sleep on them. Liked the breakfast, coffee and popcorn - saved us on spending money. Having internet was great to keep in touch with the family!! Thank you Mikey and Mike!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
Days Inn Meadville Conference Center
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites
#1 of 1 in Greenville
Quality Inn and Conference Center

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!