“Excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chovy's Italian Casual

Chovy's Italian Casual
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Meadville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, PA
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

The chicken parm and steak (filet) were both excellent. Also recommend the bacon wrapped scallops appetizer. Overall, it was a little pricey, but I don't mind paying more for good food, so I thought it was a decent value.

Visited April 2014
Becky G, General Manager at Chovy's Italian Casual, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
We're so glad you enjoyed your dinner!! Please stop in the next time your in Meadville!

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania, Usa
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Food here is great. Had chicken parm of each night and it was huge; enough for lunch next day. Next night had the Alfredo and was awesome! Also a nice selection of tap and bottle beers.

Becky G, General Manager at Chovy's Italian Casual, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you so much! We're so glad you enjoyed your dinners! Please visit us again when your back in the area.
Cleveland, Ohio
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

very good food, service was great, nice and clean, kids got pizza and it tasted good, I got chicken parm and it was excellent, kinda expensive but I would go back

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Becky G, General Manager at Chovy's Italian Casual, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thanks for stopping! We're glad you enjoyed. Please stop in again when you're in the area!
Bradford, Pennsylvania
“WOW is all I can say”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Great food, great service. After reading the reviews and getting a 10% coupon from the Holiday Inn Express my DH and I decided to go with easy and walk from the hotel to dinner at Chovys (short for anchovy). It was a great choice. We were seated promptly in a booth. It was around 5 and quiet but by the time we finished the place was full. Some reviews mentioned noise level and we didn't have any issues with this.

We ordered the Italian Platter (lasagna, chicken Parma, and eggplant Parma) to split between us (no extra plate charge). It came with a salad and we ordered an extra side salad plus I read the wedding soup was exceptional and we ordered a cup to share. It was very tasty and homemade. I want to mention that they make their own house dressing - a balsamic with blue cheese - that was great. The service was attentive and the food was (amazingly) fast - like drive thru fast AND authentic (or very close to) Italian. Did I mention the heavenly bread.. Aah! Dinner bill was $27. Pretty darn good for a great meal and drinks in a great setting.

The desserts sounded fabulous but we were done in from the food.

Overall a place that I would highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
THANK YOU!! We're so glad that you decided to dine with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The kind of Italian family restaurant I'd like at home.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I ate there for lunch and was very satisfied with the food and experience. I'd like to go back for dinner some time. I gather they stay busy for lunch and dinner. Nice facility, prompt service, good food.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tarheel_on_the_go
Becky G, General Manager at Chovy's Italian Casual, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for the kind words! We hope you visit us again next time you are in Meadville!