“Mushroom Soup”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Guys Mills, Pennsylvania, Usa
“Mushroom Soup”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

All the food is very good, however, they took one of my favorites off the menu. I was portabella ravioli. Their mushroom soup is excellent. I think they only have it on Tuesday so you might want to check if you are interested in it. Most of the wait staff is very nice but sometimes you might get a person who seems to be having a bad day.

• Visited April 2014
Becky G, General Manager at Chovy's Italian Casual, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments! I apologize that your favorite meal was removed from the menu. Unfortunately, when we update menus, the items that are least popular are cut to make room for some new options. The Portabella Mushroom Ravioli was one of may favorites, as well! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our Mushroom Brie Soup....it is extremely popular! Hopefully, you'll visit us soon and find another dish on our menu that will become your NEW favorite!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stop here every time we drive thru Meadville. Food is simply amazing. Great service, reasonable prices, great atmosphere. We live 6 hours north and would almost consider coming to spend the night just to have diviner here.

• Visited April 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments! We hope to see you at Chovy's! very soon!!
Meadville, Pennsylvania
“good marinara sauce”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Eggplant was good, and the sauce was very good. I would try this again and again. Service was good. We were in the restaurant during happy hour....and the bar crowd was separate...not a problem

• Visited March 2014
Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit at Chovy's! We hope to see you again soon!
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stopped in Meadville on our way back home and had a great meal here. We had a pizza and it was very good. We defiantly recommend this restaurant to anyone stopping over in Meadville.

• Visited April 2014
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your pizza! We hope, that on your travels, you stop in to see us again!
Cobourg, Canada
“Delicious Italian Food - but watch the portions!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Chovy's is a little gem of a restaurant that we discovered through Trip Advisor. It was right across the street from our hotel and was a welcoming oasis on a bitterly cold and wet evening. My husband had a shrimp appetizer that he declared delicious. I had something called "Zucchini Campania" which was very good but HUGE! A table of twelve people could have shared this appetizer! I would have appreciated the waitress warning me of the size of what I was ordering as I only had two slices since we had ordered a pizza to share. That is our only complaint about the service or about our experience. The pizza was excellent. Next time, we'll share a bottle of wine and a pizza and that will be more than sufficient!

Visited March 2014