“Root Beer”

TimberCreek Tap and Table
Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Meadville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This place just opened, and is a taproom and restaurant.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Root Beer is made at the restaurant and it is excellent. I don't eat here often but when I do, I always order it. In the summer sometimes it is too cold in the restaurant. It is difficult to take a large group here because the seating just doesn't work well. Probably the best item for me on the menu is the chicken salad (not meaning a salad with chicken on it)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stopped after driving for 10 hours on our way home from Florida, encountering snow squalls and heavy traffic. I wanted a quick meal. Our hotel recommended this restaurant and what a treat. My wife had a shrimp and lobster pizza which she loved. I had A crusted ahi tuna to start which equalled our Florida experiences, followed by a wonderful prime rib sandwich. The service was great. What a delightful meal after a Long day. If anyone gets the chance, stop by and try this great restaurant. By the way, their micro brewed beer complimented the meal.

1  Thank Ron B
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for lunch. A very, very attentive staff with excellent bugers and FANTASTIC Beer Battered Haddock! Really good restaurant. Wish we lived closer we would be regulars.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This place has been open for two years and we never knew about it! Nice find! I am not into beer, but it was very interesting to see the transparent floor when we stuck our heads into the tap house part of the establishment, with the brewing facility underneath it! They also had a firepit going where you enter. We went for dinner , so were in the restaurant part of the place. I had the pecan/raspberry glazed salmon. It was DELICIOUS!!! The people were very nice and i would have given it a rating of five but my husbands fillets were "not hot" he figures they were done before mine and sat there waiting for mine, also they never bought us the appetizer we ordered, which was crab stuffed mushroom caps....i was really looking forward to it, but by the time our food came and we realized it had been forgotton, we just let it go because we had enough with our dinners.... nice atmosphere and great food!

1  Thank brenda w
Reviewed March 15, 2014

we have been here a time or two before, and just went again last evening (03/15/14)...they make the best onion rings that we have ever had, and they do not give you indigestion! The batter is fantastic. This time, we had the Giant Fish Sandwich (we shared it, it was so large!) with fries and my husband enjoyed one of their handcrafted beers made on site.he is a fan of the lite ales, this one was blond. I had a glass of white zin. The service is excellent. Some braved the cold temps to sit by the fire in between the barroom and dining area. We did not. In the past, I have had a few of their custom made alcoholic drinks, the Locomotion as well as the Kermit. Both very good. We have seen the delicious looking dessert tray, but never have room to try any.