“Nice decor, good beer and food”

TimberCreek Tap and Table
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Meadville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This place just opened, and is a taproom and restaurant.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stopped here for lunch while visiting various breweries in the area. We started with a sampler of the various beers. There were plenty to choose from; my personal favorite was the seasonal pumpkin ale. But if you are not a beer drinker, the bear cub rootbeer is outstanding as well with a mild vanilla flavor. We choose the TC Sampler platter which contained a little bit of everything, and it was more than enough for four people with something for everyone! The food and beer were excellent, and we couldn't help but notice the number of people coming in to have their growlers refilled (a testament to the good beer). The interior has a lodge like feel, with large comfortable booths. The service was friendly and not rushed. We had an enjoyable time here.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a nice surprise on a quiet week night. We had been traveling and were past hungry. There were only two of us and we shared one delicious Octoberfest beer. We ordered a salad, pretzel sticks, cheese pizza a veggie panini and a burger. Yes, quite the variety and all tasty. We will be back.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We ate dinner in the tap house. Bang Bang shrimp was excellent, house salad was huge, and burger was good. Great beer. Mixed drinks were not good at all. They specialize in beer, not mixed drinks! Floor is glass in the bar so you can actually view the brewing room. Watch out if you are wearing a skirt! Great outside area with comfy seating and fire tables. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The facility is very nice with really big booths, pleasant staff who were very accommodating and good local brews BUT don't expect the food to measure up...I would say it is less than mediocre and the prices are too high for the poor quality. I had a prime rib melt that was so dry and tough it could have passed as shoe leather. Another member of our party said his ahi tuna had been frozen way too long. Won't be going back unless it's just for beer.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

After looking at all the recent reviews of the past 6 months (and my last review of Aug 2012), I was back in town last week for a late lunch with friends. One thing I noticed was that the service has definitely improved since my last visit and the place was busy for this time of day. The server was knowledgeable, friendly and knew the menu well. We ordered the dark ale growler and it was so good I had to have another (about $4.50 - an excellent deal for the quantity and quality).

Since good seafood is an impossible mission for Meadville, I had to have their haddock meal and it was outstanding!

I'm not often impressed by places to eat in "The Meadville", so this place has risen to the top of my list in this town. For the money, this IS the place to go for locally brewed beers - don't waste your good money on the other "Voodoo" joint in Meadville with the stupid doors hanging from the ceiling that serves way overpriced beer and just bad food.