“Had a great time”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
buffalo ny
“Had a great time”
Reviewed October 27, 2008

My sister and I spent the weekend here I can't lie the hotel is desperate need of being updated and so are the mattresses but for the most part we got all we wanted for the price. The woman at the front desk was extremely helpful and very coutreous as was the barmaid WOW 3 dollar frozen drinks we couldn't have aske for more if your looking for perfect this isn't the place for you but if you just want to have fun it is great big heated pool and a hot tub life is good i would stay here again

• Liked — indoor pool - hot tub
  • Disliked — mattress and boxsprings
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Northern Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2008

To start, the hotel is a bit dated, which is not bad, but it's gotten to the point where everything looks old and soiled. Our room smelled strongly of sanitizer and the bathroom floor had water puddled on it (not sure from what). We were afraid to place our bags on the floor or let our kids climb on the bed. The tiny swimming pool looked like it was half full, the water was greenish and had super strong smell of chlorine. My wife said no way and we found another hotel in town. The front desk promptly cancelled the room without charge and did not give me any grief about my complaints, that is my reason for not giving the place a terrible rating.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Room smell
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Meadville hotels

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I stayed at the Days Inn Meadville for 1 night in June. I will never stay at this hotel again. My room was horrible. I will start with the bathroom. The shower had mold and the towels were limited and very harsh on your skin. The room smelled to stale smoke. The matress had to have been years old and I was afraid to walk around in my bare feet. I would not reccommened this to anyone. Please stay elsewhere!!!

• Disliked — Smell, lack of cleaning
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank orkid621
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 23, 2008

My husband and I frequent this hotel for a nice getaway from Pittsburgh. We started started coming to this hotel just after we got married close to 25 years ago. Things have changed of course, but all in all we have had a plesant stays every time. The front desk was always courteous, the rooms were always clean and quite comfortable. I loved all the pillows provided, I felt so pampered. We never tried the continental breakfast provided so I cannot comment on that and we usually go to Italian restaurant that is literally walking distance away. I cannot complain and always feel rested and satisified every time we stay and that is the reason we will be staying at the Meadville Days Inn every time we need a break away.

• Liked — The comfort and cleanliness of the room.
  • Disliked — Nothing really, very satisified...
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Boston area
Reviewed April 24, 2008

Pickin's are pretty slim in Meadville. When the guy at the HI Express cops an attitude to a drive-up customer, you know your chances of landing a decent room are not very strong. In a stroke of good fortune however, the lady at the Day's Inn couldn't have been nicer. She gave us room 110 and it was just fine. The beds are consistent with so many properties in this tier, but were newer than one might expect. Plus the deal was FANTASTIC. Full breakfast buffet was included in our deal. Forewarned: the bar/restaurant on the premises is called the Neon Cactus and anyone who goes in there, even for a free breakfast pretty much deserves whatever they get. Don't ever lose sight of the basics: these places are value-priced motels. Don't EVER bet on the cuisine. Period. The indoor pool looked a bit above average for the tier. We didn't partake, but saw otherwise normal looking people enjoying their children's antics in the pool.

• Liked — Value, location
  • Disliked — Bar/Restaurant
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
pittsburgh
Reviewed March 14, 2008

this place was dirty, filthy, disgusting smell.
I think the worst part was when we complained the lady at the front desk looked at us like we had 3 heads.
The restaurant service was terrible and unprofessional and the food was the worst.
No-one looked as though they wanted to be there working
I woke up at 3 a.m. and the room was so cold I could see my breath.
No hot water in the morning.
Just terrible. I actually notified the Health Dept. when I checked out because there have to be codes that are not being enforced.

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank cham1960
Atglen, PA
Reviewed March 3, 2008

Unfortunately my sister is incarcerated at the women's prison in Cambridge Springs, PA. Which is about 15-20 minutes away from Erie, PA. Of all the hotels in the area, the Days Inn in Meadville was the cheapest. From Friday to Sunday, it was $135. The Holiday Inn a few blocks down the road was around $99 a night. The photo online of the hotel looked promising, so I decided to stay at the Days Inn in Meadville.

I made my reservation online, which was quite convenient, about 3-4 weeks in advance.

In normal weather conditions, the drive would take about 6 hours. The Friday I drove up it snowed which increased the drive time by 2 hours. So, instead of arriving at 6pm on Friday, I arrived between 8 and 8:30.

Signing in was quick and painless. I was assigned room 167. When I opened the door to my room, the first thing to hit me was the smell. Apparently, pets are allowed in this hotel. So, the smell that I was met with was a mix of dog feces and carpet powder. Not a pleasant odor. The second thing I noticed was that the bed was stripped down and the new bedding was stacked on one of the chairs in the room. Now, I'm not the most traveled person, and I'm sure hotels have different policies, but I was sure that most hotels make the bed for you. To be sure, I just took a second to look around the room some more and notice crumbs on the counters, the floor wasn't vacuumed, and the bathroom wasn't clean. I called down to the front desk and they had someone come out to my room and move me to a room that was cleaned.

After getting settled in, I went to the restaurant in the Days Inn to have some dinner. I had the cajun chicken sandwich with a side of mash potatoes with gravy, and a pint Yuengling. The sandwich was ok. The roll was borderline stale, but the sandwich was good. The mash potatoes were the mix kind and was ok as well. Not a great meal, but not entirely horrible.

I returned to my room after dinner and decided to lay in bed and watch TV. Now, I'm not sure what the law states when it comes to replacing mattresses, but this mattress had to have been at least 10 years old, if not older. I sank into the bed. Not a comfortable sank, a "how far will I fall" sank. After the freefall, I relaxed in front of the TV.

After about an hour, I heard rustling and voices outside my the door to my room. Then I heard my door open. Good thing I secured the door chain or I would've had strangers coming into my room. Apparently, after calling down to the front desk again, the front desk clerk that signed me in had left for the night and the replacement clerk didn't know that I was moved from room 167 to room 163. This totally spooked me. I wasn't going to rely on the little door chain to keep me safe, now that other people had the key to my room. So I jammed some wooden hangers under the door jam just in case someone did try to enter my room again.

As trips go, this was one of my worst (Not as bad as my experience with the Quality Inn). I felt that the room was out-dated and dirty, and I felt unsafe with the absence of security and the uncaring attitude of the staff. But I'm not unrealistic about my trip. I got what I paid for.

• Liked — I can honestly say, leaving was the best thing about The Days Inn.
  • Disliked — The lack of security. Feeling unsafe when you're away from home is not a good thing.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank vig0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
Hampton Inn Meadville
Quality Inn and Conference Center
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Meadville

Been to Days Inn Meadville Conference Center? Share your experiences!