“Cockroach in room!!”

Days Inn Meadville Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Found a cockroach in my room this morning, captured it in a zip-loc bag and took it to the front desk and they wouldn't do anything about it, wouldn't refund my money or anything. And the pool is disgusting, black dirt all around the edge of the pool and the pool area is carpeted and soaked cold wet, has to be mold growing underneath. I wish I would of taken photos. The "fitness center" was a joke!! The elliptical was falling apart and kept shutting off and the treadmill didn't even work!!! And that's all that's there. The breakfast was runny scrambled eggs and french fries.... yes, french fries.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
DaysMgmt, Manager at Days Inn Meadville Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

Dear Tiffany,

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay.

Upon departure, when you mentioned only the first issue to us, we apologized to you and offered you a compensation; that you accepted. Later that day our staff checked that room and did not find anything more wrong in the room, but to be on the safe side, we had our pest control company take care of that room as well.

However, we are very taken a back by the rest of your concerns that you mention now and would have greatly appreciated those as well upon check out so we could have been given a chance to address them also at that time to your satisfaction.

Per our conversation today, we do want to let you know that we do take all guest comments very seriously and are fully committed to resolving issues to provide a great guest experience.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a great guest experience.

Management

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stay at Days Inn Hotel in Meadville Pa, when I visit my Parents at the nursing home in Conneautville. I live by DC. I really enjoy staying there, with my Husband, because, staff treats us great, and very friendly, they are very accomadating, to our needs, and appreciate us. Rooms are clean and neat, pool is great, and they have a very good breakfast there too !! I always look forward to our visits there, because I feel very comfortable, and rest well. We will continue to stay at Days Inn, for many years to come, and would highly recommend it !!! It's like our home, away from home !!
Kim

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are my Favorite !!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
DaysMgmt, Manager at Days Inn Meadville Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments!! I am so your family feels welcome here and you continue to stay with us on your visits to Meadville! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Like any other hotel in the area, this hotel can use some updating. The lengths this hotels staff will do for the overnighter is overwhelming. I have to hand it too the general staff and the house keeping department. My stay at this hotel was enjoyable due to the hotel management.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We needed a room between Erie Pa and Pittsburgh. The only negative we have about the room was it smelled like basement mold. We believe the moldy smell is from the AC filter. The bad part was we couldn't even open a window. The staff was friendly and the rest of the hotel was fine. We did alert the front desk about the smell on our way out. They said housekeeping would be notified. But honesty the only thing to do about mold is to remove the cause. The mattress was comfortable. We requested a micro fridge & microwave and they did supply it. It was very convenient to the expressway easy on and off. There were plenty of restaurants in the area. Gas was cheap to.

Room Tip: If you're allergic mold you might want to request an upper level room or look for another place.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed here for one night during a weekend trip. It was a perfectly serviceable room and we had no major issues. it was mostly quiet, the room was sufficient and it served our purpose of getting a good night's sleep between activities. It had been about 15 years since we last stayed here, and the age of the complex is showing. The hallways were dirty with peeling wallpaper and the stairways smelled of smoke. Inside, our room also had a bit of an undistinguishable odor. However, the room appeared clean and was comfortable enough. Not a lot of amenities - a coffemaker, TV and phone were about it (there was a hairdryer in the bathroom but it didn't work), but there was free wifi, we were able to bring our dog with us and the staff was very friendly. The hotel also has a pool and restaurant, but we didn't get to use either of them. Overall, it's not as new and exciting as some other places, but it's still a reliable place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Upon opening the door, you are overwhelmed by the musty smoke smell. Then removing the bedspread, the blanket was burnt and stained and had a questionable substance on it. I should have requested a refund and found a different hotel. The wall paper was peeling off. The walls had stuff wiped all over them. it was absolutely disgusting. The housekeeper did 'clean' the room, but it was fundamentally filthy. Breakfast 'buffet' is a joke. This is a continental breakfast anywhere else. Spend the extra few bucks, where you will feel clean when you leave, and maybe you won't feel like you are taking critters home.(we originally stayed at another nearby hotel that was very clean and well taken care of, but they didn't have any rooms for the following night). Days Inn should give up the hotel business. My last few experiences are very memorable for all the wrong reasons. Never again. I will sleep in my car. ( We had planned on a trip up to NY on a motorcycle for our anniversary, but it rained too hard to continue. We wound up in Meadville and did not have reservations, nor were we able to check out trip advisor)

Room Tip: look at the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joanne r
Reviewed September 15, 2011

just minutes off rt 79... this property is an older one , but has indoor pool, full service restaurant... I was accommodated with a microwave and mini fridge... staff was friendly and happy to help.... at $69/ nite for a king bed room, its a great value, when other hotels are way over $100 in the same area...this also included hot/cold breakfast-cereal or eggs/homefries plus pastry/ breads....save some $$$

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business