“A Fine Place to Stay in Meadville”

Quality Inn Meadville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Do not hesitate to book a room at this hotel. Although the rooms are on the smaller side, they are very clean, comfortable and are modernly appointed. On previous stays to Meadville, we stayed at the Days Inn - more expensive and doesn't hold a candle to this Quality Inn.

The friendly woman at the front desk checked us in quickly and had no problem trading our room (we booked online and did not specify non-smoking) when we asked for a non-smoking room.

This hotel had a modestly-sized, clean workout area with a great temperature for your cardio workout If you want an extensive workout, free passes are available at a nearby local gym! Nice benefit.

Free coffee/tea/hot chocolate was available in the lobby.

The free breakfast was more than adequate to fill up before heading out for the day.

In summary, just about everything you would expect in a "better" hotel, but better for your wallet.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank MiaEllinitha-USA
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Meadville

Reviewed October 23, 2007

The Quality Inn wasn't bad. Clean rooms, ample parking, friendly staff. However, the rooms don't have a lot of extras, such as a microwave, a refridgerator, or extra pillows. Only ice machine was in the lobby, which was kind of a pain since we were on the third floor.

The price wasn't spectacular at around $80, but it was pretty much the cheapest we could find in the area and was a very convienant on/off of 79 on our way back from Erie.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank mafisc
Reviewed September 16, 2007

My overall stay was very nice, however, I first checked into a guest room that was too close to the elevator. I went to the front desk and the desk clerk was very nice and offered to change my room for me. The room was clean, the beds were comfy, and the next morning when we came down the elevator we could smell the fresh waffles from the breakfast bar. What a way to start the day! I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have always had a nice visit. See you next year.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank dgardinier
Reviewed September 14, 2007

The room smelled bad with obvious mildew. It was a non-smoking room with smokers next door.

Advertised free HBO, but only had one HBO channel.

The phone was missing.

Plugs fell out of the electric outlets.

Noisy air conditioner with the kind of thermostat that has no numbers to choose your tempeature.

The continental breakfast was poor quality and had few choices.

The electronic key system failed, leaving us locked out of our room. We observed other guests locked out also.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank kurtish99
Reviewed August 30, 2007

This newly remodeled hotel is very nice and clean. The desk staff the evening I checked in was pleasant to all the guests that checked in. The room was clean and comfortable with a desk for the laptop and a recliner for watching TV. The continental breakfast was the standard fare.

The only disappointment was that the night I stayed there there was no wireless internet available my room (last room at the hand of the hall), but a computer in the lobby allowed me to check my email. The concrete floors magnified the sound of the person in the room above mine but I may not have heard them if I was not already awake.

The price and cleanliness is about right for a motel with a lobby entrance, it is a standard chain motel that has been recently renovated. (A previous review mentioned refrigerators in the rooms, they are not in all of the rooms.)

• Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank purple_gorillaz
Reviewed April 22, 2007

Stayed at Quality Inn Meadville during a visit to nearby Allegheny College. Picked this hotel due to the price ($65/night) and free breakfast. The room was very clean, beds fairly comfortable but not comfy and soft like some higher priced competitors but OK.
Room included fridge which I thought was very nice.

I was a bit put off at first as the entrance is not well marked. Or I should say the front door is not well marked. Looks like a side door but once you enter it has a nice lobby and couches and breakfast room. Coffee and hot chocolate are available in the lobby. The woman at the front desk was fine but not overly friendly but again the price was good and all in all I would go back.

The only thing I personally did not like was the bedding. The blanket was one of those fuzzy velour deals (Velux I think you call it) but it was sort of crumbly and felt like foam rubber mat that I found gross.

The breakfast was delightful with make your own waffles and plenty of other choices.

For the value and the cleanliness I would go back there.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank capecodyankee
Reviewed January 9, 2007

This is a good value hotel, if you only need to sleep. I stayed here one night on business. Due to the snow, it was a bit hard to turn into the hotel; not to mention the parking lot should have been salted or treated for snow and ice. The front desk staff was polite and helpful; room and hotel in general were clean and quiet. I stayed in a room with a king bed. The room appeared recently remodeled and was in decent condition, and while the room was on the small side, it was clean and included all the necessities. Given the size of the rooms, I do not recommend a full family staying in one room. The mattress was acceptable compared to other hotels. One downside is that there are not many restaurants close to the hotel, but there are several pizza/Chinese restaurants willing to deliver. In addition, my room had lousy water pressure in the shower, which really upsets me! Otherwise, the room was fine! Everything else was within acceptable limits, and the continental breakfast was satisfactory. With the low price and great location just off I-79, I am positive I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Shad0wy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
Hampton Inn Meadville
Quality Inn and Conference Center
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Meadville

Been to Quality Inn Meadville? Share your experiences!