Econo Lodge(Meadville)(Great Value!)
$100
$97
Cianci's Motel(Greenville)
$62
All reviewswafflesstaff was friendlyspent one night hereroom was cleannight's sleepniagara fallsmyrtle beacholder hotelconneaut lakewould stay againallegheny collegepetcerealmicrowavelaundrylodgingcanada
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This was a stopping point for our journey to Charlotte, NC. We had never stopped here before so I tried to read up on different reviews of the property. At first glance, the hotel looked just fine, until we got to our room. I had requested a non-smoking room for both us and our friends that were traveling with us, as I have a child with Asthma. We arrived late and we were really tired from traveling. Check-in went great, the girl at the desk was quite friendly. We were on the 3rd floor at the end of the hall, nice and quiet. After we received our room keys, a gentleman came in and asked if there were any rooms available and the girl remarked that they were full, which made me think that this must be a popular stop. When we were walking to our room, I noticed that there was a smell of smoke in the hallway near our room, but all the doors were marked, non-smoking. I thought that someone in one of the nearby rooms must be ignoring the restrictions. Upon entering the room, the smell of smoke was quite strong right by the door where the bathroom is located. I looked at my husband and he said there wasn't much we could do, as there were no other rooms available. The room itself appeared clean, so we thought we'd put on the air conditioner and see if it helped clear the air. After awhile we sort of got used to the smell and thankfully we were so tired that we fell asleep. The beds were comfortable enough. The next morning I woke up with a headache from the smell so we let the girl at the front desk know about the smoke smell and her reply was "oh...sorry about that" and did nothing else. The free breakfast was basically a waffle maker, breads, yogurt, watery scrambled eggs (which I couldn't even swallow) and cereal, another dissappointment. We only spent $67, but I would have rather spent a little more to get a more relaxing night. When we arrived in Charlotte, I was upset to find out the clothing that was on the top of our suitecase, smelled of smoke. Would I stay there again? I doubt it.

Room Tip: be very specific about a non-smoking room if that is what you want and if it smells of smoke complain to the front desk right away.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Three of us showed up at about 2am to check into our room after a 6 hour drive. When we got upstairs, it was a smoking room. In some instances, I wouldn't mind staying in a smoking room, but in this case, I couldn't stand the smell more than a minute. It honestly smelled like someone had chain smoked in there for the last 10 years. It was attrocious. I immediately went down to the front desk, where the night clerk was very gracious. She told me there were no regular non-smoking rooms left, but since I was very allergic to smoke, she gave us a suite. I thought this was extremely nice of her and was very happy with this fix. She even called us a few minutes after we went into the new room to make sure it was all ok.
The next morning, we all left to have some breakfast. I came back to the room alone and planned on going back out. Well, I didn't have a chance. I had a message from the front desk, and when I called them they told me the suite was booked for that night and we all had to move. This is information I would have appreciated knowing the night before, not when I was already unpacked and then responsible for packing and moving everyone's things. I told the clerk on the phone that this was very inconvenient and I was very unhappy. All she could tell me was, "I don't know what to say." To make matters worse, they offered me another smoking room!! I was forced to wait in the room to find out where and when they were moving us. Later, the clerk had her manager call me (which was odd, since I hadn't asked to speak with her, she had told me she'd talk to her manager and get back to me), and I was told the fiasco was entirely my fault because I had booked a smoking room via Orbitz. She continually placed the blame on me and on Orbitz. I have worked in Customer Service a long time, and if there is one thing I know, no matter who is to blame, it is your job to own it and fix it. Even if I HAD booked a smoking room, there is no way I could have stayed in that room more than a few minutes, and I would have asked to have been moved anyway.
Their offer for my inconvenience, a whole $10 off of ONE night (we stayed for two). When I asked when I could expect the credit on my card she was confused. I had to explain to her that my room was already prepaid through Orbitz. She didn't know how to give me a credit and promised to get back to me. That was 2 days ago. No credit. No call.
I will say that the member of the housekeeping staff who came to help me move ALL of our stuff was friendly and understanding. She was the one highlight of an otherwise miserable morning spent at the Quality Inn.
The rooms were average. They were clean aside from the stench of the smoking room. I don't recommend staying here though, just based on the bad Customer Service I received.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed here last year and loved it. This year, we didn't even get a chance.

Upon arriving at the hotel around midnight, we were told our reservation couldn't be found. After we showed the confirmation for the reservation, the woman behind the desk found that our reservation had been cancelled... told the woman during the day cancels reservations if the people don't show by 4:00 or so. In all my years of traveling and staying at countless hotels, I had never heard of such a policy. Why not call and see if we were still coming? And was that even necessary? The reservations are stated to be held until 7:00 the following morning, at which point the credit card on file will be charged regardless. There were no rooms available at midnight and none of the other area hotels had rooms available either. In fact, we had to travel another 150 miles (yes, that's correct- another 150 MILES) to find a hotel with availability (and it was an awful place) because summer travel in Pennsylvania means all highway interchange hotels get booked on weekends.

A real shame... a horrible policy means we'll never even attempt staying at this hotel again and, to be honest, unlikely we'll ever try another Choice Hotel property unless absolutely necessary.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wildwoodian
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stay at the Quality Inn Meadville PA several times in the past month. The hotel is clean comfortable and the staff is very helpful. Although the hotel is not in the center on town it is still convenient. The free morning breakfast was also enjoyable. There are several restaurants near the hotel, and its right of the Interstate. Would stay here again without giving a second thought.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Nice staff, clean rooms. You must request a refrigerator and pet-free area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family