“First time at a B&B”

Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Meadville B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I didn't know what to expect as I am mostly a chain-hotel traveler. Saw reviews on tripadvisor, checked Mayor Lord's website, and after seeing the price I was more than happy to give it a try. This was also my first time to Meadville so I really had no idea what was awaiting me. This B&B is centrally located, and convenient to restaurants and shopping. I was upgraded to one of the rooms with a private bath - NICE! - on my first night and stayed in the Lord Room my second night. The breakfast offered a nice selection each morning and the staff was very helpful and accomodating. I honestly felt like I was at home and this is not something that I've ever felt in a hotel room - EVER. IF I return to Meadville, I will definitely stay here again. The price is right, the lodging is excellent, and the ambience is welcoming.

Room Tip: The website lists one room as a little more noisy than the rest. I didn't feel like there was a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cora770

Reviewed June 25, 2012

In very close proximity to Allegheny University, this delightful B&B takes you away from the "outside" even though it is in the center of a residential area. The hostess was very accommodating and extremely pleasant. I very much intend to recommend Mayor Lord's to colleagues and friends while making a commitment to come and stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs share a bathroom, some upstairs share and one with private bath. Please experience...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mustang697
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Until recently I lived in Meadville for many years and put dozens of business guests up at Mayor Lord's House--all were very happy with their stay. Recently my wife and I stayed there on 2 occasions and were completely satisfied (we travel a lot and stay in a mix of B&Bs, hotels, and motels). Furnishings are tasteful but not oppressive--in a Victorian way, that is--bed was super comfortable, very nice public area for hanging out which I don't always find in a B&B, breakfast was delicious and very generous in portions, easy free parking, historic house with nice property yet an easy walk to Allegheny College or downtown Meadville, and Sherry is a warm host. We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob335
Reviewed April 29, 2012

first time in a bed & breakfast...booked on line based on reviews available..there was not one bad review and I can see why...Sherry was welcoming and gracious...room was very comfy...lots of parking on site.. great homemade breakfast..free wi fi...everything we want when traveling...would recommend this place in a heatbeat
thank-you Sherry

Ron & Denise..Canada

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rbovine1
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Have stayed in 3 different rooms and each one has been beautiful! Sherry is such a gracious hostess. She has always been so welcoming to us and our daughter who attends college in town! And once you stay, the returning guest discount is amazing!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This was my second stay at Mayor Lord's. Wonderfully comfortable beds (I have stayed in 2 different rooms) very convenient to Allegheny College and WiFi made it a good stay. The breakfast was perfect--a variety of fresh and tasty foods. I'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have been staying at Sherry's B&B for almost three now whenever I travel to see my daughter at Allegheny College. The Inn is very clean and welcoming. The breakfasts are hot and delicious. Sherry always goes out of her way to invite my daughter to join us for breakfast as well. I highly recommend Mayor Lord's House to anyone staying in the Meadville area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
Hampton Inn Meadville
#4 of 5 in Meadville
Quality Inn Meadville
Quality Inn Meadville
#3 of 5 in Meadville

Been to Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!