“Best Place to Stay in Meadville”

Holiday Inn Express Meadville
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express several times while visiting family in the area. Good customer service, very nice staff, and good breakfast buffet. My one negative comment is the size of the rooms, quite a bit smaller then your normal hotel rooms. If you can spend more, the family and Jacuzzi suites provide you with a great alterative and a lot more space. Compared to other hotels, the nightly rate is little pricy; $89 per night for a regular room still seems a little high especially for this area.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John B

Reviewed April 30, 2007

I was very happy with this one night stay. The hotel has warm, friendly staff. They were quite helpful. Everything I saw was thoroughly clean. There is fruit and coffee available in the lobby.
The whole ambiance of the hotel is "cozy." The best part was the bed. It was so incredibly comfortable that we nearly stayed another night just to be in it! I feel asleep the instant my head hit the pillow.
Unfortunately, though it has been kept nicely, the building is a bit older and has some issues. The thickness of the floors and walls are out of the control of the management. You can hear your neighbors stomping around their rooms and buzzing from hairdryers and sweepers. But the bed was so comfortable I slept through most of it anyway. I actually asked what the brand the bed is so that I can buy one!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Fondofhotels
Reviewed April 18, 2007

This was a terrific hotel! Very clean, super tidy, and the bed was very comfortable. Internet access was very convenient. Linens, both sheets and bath towels, looked and smelled fresh (not dusty like in some places). Breakfast was excellent. Highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Meadville, PA!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank bebew2
Reviewed December 27, 2006

I was on business trip, and chose the hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. I was not disappointed with the choice! :)
The hotel is clean and cosy, staff friendly and polite, the complimentary breakfast was excellent!
What I especially liked were the christmas decorations in the lobby and hallways. I'd stay there and just sipped coffy in the lobby, if i had more time!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank andru_nl
Reviewed October 30, 2006

On a trip with my teenage son to visit nearby Allegheny College we stayed one night at this hotel. The service was excellent. The room was spotless and well furnished. The folks running this hotel really knock themselves out to be attentive and gracious hosts. The level of service is well beyond what would be expected of the "limited service" Holiday Express brand.

My son liked the college and will be applying. If he's accepted and enrolls I will not hesitate to stay at this hotel when visiting him. I recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank wbones
Reviewed October 11, 2006

Booked online as a Priority Member with Holiday Inn Express over 2 months prior to our 10/7/06 stay.Confirmed reservation for a standard room for 4 peopleNS.When we arrived,we were told we didn't get what we wanted.They could only give us one bed and a cot.Since one of us was mending with a fractured shoulder and I suffer with fibromyalgia this was not acceptable .We were told there were no 2 beds available in the area and this was the best they could do for us.They refused to refund my money but told me I could speak with the manager when she returned from conference.When I spoke with the manager she explained that a standard room meant the hotel could give us any room available.She stated she realized this could be confusing to the consumer but there was nothing she could do but offer to help book our next stay personally.I DON'T THINK SO !!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank tjpudge
Darkec, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadville, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2006

Please be advised that this reservation was booked by the guest into a "Standard Room". As our web site clearly states, when booking this room type, bed type and smoking preference cannot be guaranteed. It should also be noted we do not guarantee room type perference, as clearly outlined in the Priority Club Program. We might suggest in the future the guest take time to be aware of what they are booking.

Reviewed October 9, 2006

After my stay here, I was mystified at the bad reviews. It is one of the cleanest, most pleasant places I have ever stayed in, including 4 and 5 star properties.

The staff was genuinely nice and helpful, and I mean EVERYone, from maintenance, to desk, to chamber staff.

The room was smallish, yes, but one hardly notices when the bed is a dream, the water is hot and the lights are bright. More toiletires than usually seen in a HI Express. There are little signs everywhere explaining the various room features.

The nearby eateries were good (Tuscany Restuarant, down the driveway), and the morning express breakfast was really good and well-stocked even though the place was packed. I liked the kitschy lobby, and I thought the little reading area/library (with board games) on the 2nd floor was a great touch.

With the low price and great location just off I-79, I am positive I will stay here again. Total raves, totally pleased.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank JoshuaVincent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
1 mi away
Quality Inn Meadville
#3 of 5 in Meadville
2 mi away
Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Holiday Inn Express Meadville? Share your experiences!